Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering stabilizer

butch27

Do I really need a steering stabalizer with a buggy style front and a Vega drag link steering..As far as I can figure it IS needed with cross steer..??

I like to have one to damper bumps in the road, but your steering should be stable and smooth enough that you never need one.

I have one also. It came from California Custom Roadsters if I recall correctly. They had a chrome one that has a nice install kit. On good roads (none here in Louisiana) probably not needed.

BUT the stabilazier only move 3" each way and is connected to my tie rod---really lemits steering

Do I really need a steering stabalizer with a buggy style front and a Vega drag link steering..As far as I can figure it IS needed with cross steer..??
I beg to differ with your comment on a cross steer system. I have a cross steer system and have absolutely NO need for a steering stabalizer. If you do need one then there is something that is not right in the set up. Check ALL settings, caster, camber and toe in.

Jim

NO ,I don't have cross steer,,my friend does and swears Pete And Jake told him he need one ???

I am no expert but Petes & Jakes is selling a part and kinda of doing CYA...….If you need a stabilizer on the steering then you need to fix your steering cause adding one of them means you are covering up a problem.......Like Jim said you really need to check all the steering system ……...IMHO....

So I have no steering issues other than it turns too free and easy. I would like some sort of resistance. Will a stabilizer help?

So I have no steering issues other than it turns too free and easy. I would like some sort of resistance. Will a stabilizer help?

How's your rake angle? Not enough could turn too easily.
Slide1.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back