Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Step for Getting into Body

Dan the Man

So I do not have a door on my body and not wanting to install one. Anyone have an idea on how to build a step to aide in getting into the body? The side is about 36" off the ground. I don't want it to look out of place.

Some people hop up on the rear tire put a hand on the back of the body and step in. Most steps are close together use (IMHO). Welcome aboard.

I used a Motorcycle side board --- I like the simple and small look .
So I do not have a door on my body and not wanting to install one. Anyone have an idea on how to build a step to aide in getting into the body? The side is about 36" off the ground. I don't want it to look out of place.

I used a motorcycle side board . It is simple and small . Just welded bracket to frame and mounted it to bracket .

Attachments

• step 0050a.jpg
    step 0050a.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 80
I've seen something similar to those used a few times. I've also seen small steps welded to the rear hairpins. Look simple and not too out of place. At some point function outweighs estetics and compromises have to be made. If it wasn't for my wife my new ride wouldn't have a door. She is vertically challenged. :(:roflmao::whistling:

My car is 29 1/4" from ground to the the top of the "door" area. Neither me or my wife, who is 5' 5", have a problem "stepping" in. I realize that most rides are much higher and need either a door or a step of some sort.

Jim

No door on mine. The older I get the higher the body becomes! I use the back tire to get out. It's easier to get out than to get in.

My car is 29 1/4" from ground to the the top of the "door" area. Neither me or my wife, who is 5' 5", have a problem "stepping" in. Jim

Mine is 29 3/4" Jim; and I'm only 5'-4"! Still no problem getting in or out . . . just a little slower than I used to be.:confused: (ie. no "Kookie" entrances!:laugh::roflmao:)

Kookie entrance.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back