Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Stormy Weather

kgrimm

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
How are all you out there coping with this wild weather? Last night my younger son and I got stuck in what had to be pretty close to a tornado on the way home from his baseball game (which was called off when the sirens started blowing). The wind where we were was so strong it snapped railroad crossing gates, blew down street lights, and seemed to lift my car a bit. Thank goodness I wasn't driving the T! My house was spared, but there was a lot of damage around town, including fallen trees, downed power lines, and the roof was partway blown off the fire station! -Kevin

Weather has been nice here finally not raining for 4 days a little cold though. They are talking 27 degrees here tonight.

All of those storms that devastated the mid west moved through east TN this afternoon. We had a LOT of hail, so much the school bus got stuck on a hill and I had to back down and just could no go up that hill at all. That was about 3:30 this afternoon and it is now 9 and we still have some piles of hail left. I took this in the first round of hail. It got much worse later on. The temp dropped about 20 degrees in less than 1 hour.
hail5-26-11.jpg

hailandleaves5-26-11.jpg

Yup. cooler and wetter than normal here in Oregon also. I heard recently that the cool weather here is causing much of the problems in the middle of the country when it hits that warm air and goes nuts.

Russ

:dunno: today is 114 days since we had measurable precipitation. that was a bit of snow. no real rain sence October. 99 or 100 degrees here this afternoon.

82degrees by my kid in North pole Ak talking 84 tomorrow.

We actually saw the sun, today. :nod: It was out for the best part of ten entire minutes! :tan:

052511001.jpeg

This was taken a couple days ago, at about 10:30 AM, some 3/4's mile from my condo. And that's about all we've seen for the last week. They're saying we're going to see a 16° increase in temperature and clearer skies for tomorrow, but seeing is believing at this point.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back