Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Boy Body

Ted Brown said:
Should be a fun Ride, and it will be all your's... this is what anyone can do to someone else's castoff... nothing wrong with saving money and still get what you want in the end.. Lookin Great! :)

Thanks Ted,

Just for the record, what I may save by doing most everything myself, I spend on tooling and equipment.:)

Mr. Fixit

Not a thing wrong with that Fixit. A mans never got too many tools!!!!!

Ron

Very true! Soon, I will need a 1 bedroom 1 bath house with a 10 car garage and a 10,000 square foot shop. My wife should be very happy, ya think? :)

I am building a custom bucket as well and am almost complete after 3 1/2 years but dont have the car registered. How can i get a tittle for my car

oskaface163 said:
I am building a custom bucket as well and am almost complete after 3 1/2 years but dont have the car registered. How can i get a tittle for my car
Go and find a running or at least older car with current reg./tags and use that paper and plates, stamp those ID # into your frame, and go on... or you can open a real can of worms... Happy crusin :)

Ted Brown said:
Go and find a running or at least older car with current reg./tags and use that paper and plates, stamp those ID # into your frame, and go on... or you can open a real can of worms... Happy crusin :)

Changing vins on a frame is a Federal Offense and can get you some time in the big house. Beside who wants a T Bucket registered as a 1983 chevy truck. you could never sell it.

That may be how they do it in bedrock but it will get you hard time.;)

Ron's (RPM) correct in changing numbers being a felony. Big time problems. A number of states have passed "Kit Car" legislation that allows you to build from scratch tbuckets, '32 Fords, etc and register them as such. Bodies do not have to be steel and fiberglass replicas are allowed. Newer engines are permitted. Little if any emission crap. Check with your state or SEMA. Arkansas has this and I think Tennessee allows them. If your state sucks then consider getting it registered in a friendly state and transfering it later. Or do like me and keep a resident address in a friendly state. Call your state and check it out. Good luck.

George

I just registered mine in oklahoma as an assembled veh it was easy follow the rules and you will have no problems. Get caught tring to pull a fast one and put 3.5 years of work in jeopardy or get it flaged as non regesterable.JMO

Francis Blake said:
MrFixit can't wait to see your car with a skin on it, lookin good so far. Keep us posted :lol:

Thanks, I can't wait either. I am going to try to make the door hinges and door frames this weekend. Then the project will be inturrepted for a bit as I continue to build my english wheel. Otherwise my car will look like an armored personell carrier. LOL :lol:

Mr. Fixit

I have been working of the door hinges which I need to fabricate prior to making the door frames so that I have the proper spacing and alignment will be easier.

I started with a small block of billet stainless that I re-sawed into the blanks prior to machining work. The following are photos of this progress.

Here is the block of stainless.
T-Boy001-1.jpg

Here I have cut the basic shapes, machined all 6 sides, applied layout fluidand scribed the overall layout. In the background, I have begun to bore the hinge pin hole which will eventually have bronze bushings.
T-Boy002-1.jpg

Now all four blanks have been bored
T-Boy004.jpg

Now they get reamed to .375 in order to have a snug fit for the oil impregnated bronze bushings.
T-Boy005.jpg

On to more machining in order to get the initial overall shape.
T-Boy006.jpg

All four are now machined.
T-Boy007.jpg

Now I have the basic hinge knuckle machined.
T-Boy008.jpg

Finally cut into the three segments that will make up each of the hinges. As soon as the bearings are pressed in, they can be assembled.
T-Boy011.jpg

Well, thats it for today because we are having a bit of a party and I need to clean up and help everyone drink the beer. LOL :D
Mr. Fixit

The basic body framework shape kinda looks like a sleigh. Me thinks Mr. Fixit might be Santa Claus. Alway's wondered what that dude did in the off season! :)

Really nice work Wish My brother inlaw still had his mill lost it in a fire.

putz said:
Really nice work Wish My brother inlaw still had his mill lost it in a fire.

Thanks Putz, don't know what I would do without my mill and lathe. :)

Mr. Fixit

Blownfuel said:
The basic body framework shape kinda looks like a sleigh. Me thinks Mr. Fixit might be Santa Claus. Alway's wondered what that dude did in the off season! :D

You got it! Santa is a machinist :eek: and his shop is always clean because his elves are always buzzing around and cleaning up after him.

His reindeer however, were replaced with 400 horses. :shhh:

His reindeer however, were replaced with 400 horses. :shhh:[/QUOTE]
And he moved down south where there is not snow 5 months out of the year.

Here are a few more progress photos. We now have both door frames and the trunk frame as well. As soon as the bronze bearings arrive, I can mount the doors for the final fit and adjustment.

Mr Fixit

T-Boy001-2.jpg

T-Boy003-1.jpg

T-Boy004-1.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back