Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Buckets in the "general" Orlando FL area

11290slk

New to this forum and thinking about building a T Bucket. Have been going to commercial websites (Spirit, RPM, and Speedway) looking at their offerings but nothing beats seeing their products in person, so I am asking if anyone in the general Orlando area has a bucket from any of those listed above that might be willing to let me come and look at them, whether finished or under construction.

While my primary residence is in SouthWestern Indiana, I work part time in the Orlando area (Disney World) and will be down there starting about Sep. 14th thru Oct. 10th or 11th staying at a townhouse in Windermere.

Also, anyone knowing of any Cruise Ins where some T's might be attending would also be appreciated, as the area is so large not much information is readily available for us "out of towners". Happpened on one about 6 years or so ago at the Sand Lake / OBT area and I think the one T that I saw is the same one I have seen pics of on here (ExJunk ? maybe)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome from Ocala, Florida. Hope you find what you're look for, mine is an older model Total Performance kit that was built back in the early 90's (91-93). TP is now Speedway.

Welcome from Ocala, Florida. Hope you find what you're look for, mine is an older model Total Performance kit that was built back in the early 90's (91-93). TP is now Speedway.

Thanks for the reply. Was curious if TP is now Speedway but I have a set of the TP frame plans and they are dimensionally "different" than the Speedway dimensions I was given. Was interested in seeing and just generally looking at, the quality of the products and the general relationships of the motor, body and frame. Speedway seems to be somewhat on the higher $$$ end but only one I found that had the frame "prefabricated" with 4 bar setups. I don't have a great deal of time to fabricate and sort out problem areas because of the amount of time I work in FL thruout the year so am trying to get a frame / body combination (on a budget) that may be somewhat "foolproof" to work with and just deal with other detail items.

RPM is a good place to start. Speedway uses a lot of offshore stuff. Look at CCR on this site and Spirit also on this site. And by the way welcome from Oklahoma.

11290slk, PM me and I'll give you the info to see me. I live on the northeast side of Orlando in Oviedo. I'm in very close proximity to the 417 which is near Disney.

Jim

Welcome from Wisconsin. Which ever you choose, I would go with an extended body. Room in a bucket is tight.

Welcome from PA

Yes TP is now Speedway I have the old build book and needed to replace some items on my car, I have called Speedway and they have cross reference numbers for most of the items, but I found out they don't have the item or don't make it any longer. I am sure they wanted to be different in many ways and made many changes to the TP items.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back