Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Coupe Owner on Coastal Worshington.

Rip VW

Hello I am from Coastal Washington specifically a small town called Ocean Shores, WA. I am right on the beach and enjoy it a lot. I am also disabled and use a power wheelchair for 80% of my mobility and can only stand for about 2 minutes or so and then I must set.

I am building a 1927 Ford TCoupe mounted on a set of 32 ford rails. The coupe is all Ford right down to the monogramed gauges that say Ford in the instrument panel. I hope to be part of this group even though I own a Coupe and not a bucket. BTW The T coupe body is all stock with no chopping or hacking.

My build has been a challenge from the beginning but so far I have done everything myself. The car is about 60 % complete and I am making small bits of progress each day. I have been building this car for about 6 years now with a 1 1/2 year interruption when I moved from Seattle to here and built a new shop.

For power I am running a 1971 Ford 351W that has a mild torque cam and a set of dual 4's. For transmission I am running a custom built Ford FMX transmission and that drives a 93 Ford Explorer 8.8 Rear end with 373 gears and trac lock. The car is setting on Big and littles and runs a traditional 4 inch drop front axle. I have a 4 link suspension both front and back. Exhaust is a set of stainless roadster style headers and shorty mufflers.

So far the chassis is built, suspension is 95% complete and the body is mounted and setting on the frame. Right now I am working on Trans linkage, Brake pedal throttle linkage, Steering Column, and firewall. Once the systems are complete I can finish the body work. I need to put patch panels in the lower portions of the real quarters. I also have to replace the rear wheel well panels I have already rebuilt both doors with new bottoms and skins and hand built a new decklid. There is still a ton of things to do but I am moving forward albeit slowly. I am looking to talk and trade ideas with like minded builders and enthusiasts!

I am also disabled and use a power wheelchair for 80% of my mobility and can only stand for about 2 minutes or so and then I must set.
So I don't see why you can't build a car, we have had a couple of guy that are building cars
with less than moderate mobility .... for instance this one.

24 pages of someone similar ....
tfeverfred's project

Also you can't let this little old (ANTIQUE) lady from in the islands out do you ??? Got to get
your mucho on ! [Sorry IG, trying to motivate, got to take one for the team. hehehe !]
The excitement is building

Seriously you will find plenty of support on this forum !!! Spanky will be quick to tell you it took
him 15 years, so you should be able counter that goal !!!

Last edited:
At 76 I am just finishing up the Orange one and I built the other one a few years ago. So go for it and welcome from New Mexico....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1600639557799.jpg
    FB_IMG_1600639557799.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 19
Can't wait to see some pics.

Sounds like a great build.

Hey thanks for the welcome Guys and Gal.. 15 years to build huh I may be just a tiny bit faster but not by a lot.. On this project I just keep slogging along and take the problems as they appear. One of the original problems was getting 32 style rails under the coupe. It was a struggle but I like the way things worked out. My real struggle right now is making the Brake pedal, Steering column, and throttle fit in the small space. I just temporarily mounted the Brake pedal and am trying to share space for the steering column. The front end is Vega Cross steer so column will be on the inside of the frame. As for pictures I have a ton just got to wait out the minimum post number and then I can show it off. :cool:

Ok I reached 11 posts but am still unable to post a photo. All I get when I click image is a pop down to enter a URl. not upload a picture. I have no photobucket account nor am I planning on one in the near future. All I want to do is post a photo from my PC to the board. Is there a way to do that or is the only option to use a hosting service. Maybe something is hanging up but right now my hands are tied. I tried to use the Contact us link but that doesn't work either.. I would love to share some photos but so far it seems to not be working. Anyone have any insight to this problem, Any way to contact an admin?

Should be able to just upload from your computer as an image. Maybe give it a couple more days to get your upload file. If you have an upload a file button at the bottom right corner, you should be able to upload image now. If you can't upload yet, message me in a couple of days and I will give you my email and you can send me the photos to upload.

Try dragging the pics into your post, you can drag one or multiple files.

upload_2021-4-28_9-31-27.png

Thanks there Indycars, Hopefully this will work itself out in a few days. I have my fingers crossed. :cool:

I never tried that, Rick. I just did and it worked for me. I been doing the upload a file all this time. Thanks! Just started redoing the interior on my avatar car. Fun, fun,fun.

Thanks there Indycars, Hopefully this will work itself out in a few days. I have my fingers crossed. :cool:

So I guess it did not work ?

You must not have the proper permissions then, it's not only about the "Upload a File" button.

I never tried that, Rick. I just did and it worked for me. I been doing the upload a file all this time.
When websites used Adobe Flash, you could load multiple files with the "Upload a File"
button. But Flash was too big of a security problem.

But you can still drag up to 10 files at one time. I believe 10 is the limit for this website, it's
up to the administrator.

Just started redoing the interior on my avatar car. Fun, fun,fun.
I would like to see what you have done. Maybe this summer we can meet 1/2 way between
us on Route 66 for lunch. I'm in Yukon on the west side of OKC.

Hey Indycars, Why were durn near neighbors! were just down the road about a piece. ha ha I would love to drive some of Rt 66 and if I ever finish this coupe It could possibly be a reality... Oh and that was a No on upload. All I get is a box in the screen that asks for a URL no other option. I have tried media and image all with the same result please enter URL and nothing. I have already set a little 5 snapshot of the T overall but I been waiting for the magic box to appear.. Just tried again and no zip nada..

Indycars, I just realized I responded to choppedtop's reply above. and was thinking it was you Wow I gotta get me some new specs.. Anyway I'll still call ya neighbor..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back