Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Odd's Pick of the Day for 07-07-08

T-Odd

DSCF5227resized on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2610496443_0b0e9f1e97.jpg

This is a new body from Mountain Home Street Rods. It is 6 feet long, laid up THICK with reinforcement everywhere it's needed.

There are lots more pics of it in the link above if you're interested.

I'm seriously considering swapping my old rusty bucket for one of these.

Hey T-odd,

Will it fit on a standard T chassis like the one we have?

This body appears to fit a standard Spirit (style) chassis.

I took a bunch of pictures of the mounting because I was thinking about switching bodies.

The Spirit frame uses a 60 degree kick (rather than the CCR style 45 degree kick.

This body is manufactured to fit the 60 degree kick perfectly - but I'm not sure if the frame is longer though. didn't bother taking out the measuring tape on it. The body sits on TOP of the frame, not channelled over the frame like almost every other T you've ever seen. Three more inches of legroom!

I can tell you it is stiff. Without the door on it I grabbed the side of the tub and gave the car a shake. No flex. NICE!

From what I understand this is a product from a former Sprit employee. I really like my Spirit chassis (now that I got some good shocks on the rear) but want... NEED just a little more room. If this body will drop right on my frame with very little modification, I'll be saving up the bucks IMMEDIATELY.

More pics of the kick, etc

Flickr: uncleslacker13's Photostream

2611331638_554b48c8aa.jpg

2611331812_e0b78f4927.jpg

2610497315_dd72ce1685.jpg

The body sure does look plenty stout. I assume it is a touring body so it will have a back seat correct? Where does the fuel tank go?? With a back seat will there be any more leg room for the front seat? While we are at it, can anyone measure legroom on their spirit T with the body insert? looking for a measurement from the back of the seat cusion to the tip of the gas pedal. With so many bodies out there now, some stretched models, I want to make the right decision first time.

Thanks

Steve

T-Odd said:
This body appears to fit a standard Spirit (style) chassis.

I took a bunch of pictures of the mounting because I was thinking about switching bodies.

The Spirit frame uses a 60 degree kick (rather than the CCR style 45 degree kick.

This body is manufactured to fit the 60 degree kick perfectly - but I'm not sure if the frame is longer though. didn't bother taking out the measuring tape on it. The body sits on TOP of the frame, not channelled over the frame like almost every other T you've ever seen. Three more inches of legroom!

I can tell you it is stiff. Without the door on it I grabbed the side of the tub and gave the car a shake. No flex. NICE!

From what I understand this is a product from a former Sprit employee. I really like my Spirit chassis (now that I got some good shocks on the rear) but want... NEED just a little more room. If this body will drop right on my frame with very little modification, I'll be saving up the bucks IMMEDIATELY.

More pics of the kick, etc

Flickr: uncleslacker13's Photostream

2611331638_554b48c8aa.jpg

2611331812_e0b78f4927.jpg

2610497315_dd72ce1685.jpg

From looking at those pictures, it appears to be sitting on a standard Spirit frame. I know Spirit mounts the Battery under the seat, but where in the heck does the fuel tank go???

Like you, I'm looking to gain a little leg room without giving up my Spirit chassis.

Thanks bud!!

that looks good for sure..

for my taste it needs to be lower though, and i think it would look better with some gennies and wide whitewalls on it..

I like the looks of this body. I'm thinking it should have a perimeter frame under it though. i doubt if it would have room for a back seat. The gas tank could be worked into a deck behind the seat. Any thing back there could be covered by a tonneu cover.You could even mount a fauset and knobs on the back like a real tub. :D
Ron

It's almost like this one from Poli-form.
27phaeton.jpg

they call it a 1927 Phaeton Tubster. Sells for $6895.00

My first thought - "where ya gonna put the gas tank?" Same place it goes on any other bucket, behind the seat. Only difference here is the tub is stretched and there's no pickup box.

After checking it out, my mind was going crazy imagining a top and big windows on the side... make it a chopped top Sedan.

If I had the Photoshop skills and a good side shot I could show you what I was thinking.

Whoa!:eek: I am REALLY liking that. Might have to rethink some things after I get some more info. Thanks for the pic, T-Odd.

I made this one from a Model A sedan and put it on a T style chassis.
I would like that 'glass one with a '27 cowl.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back