Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tbucket with a 6.0 Powerstroke?

irishluck

So I have a possibility to get my hands on a complete (slightly wrecked) 2014 ford f250 with a 6.0 powerstroke for next to nothing.

I dont think ive ever seen of anyone putting a powerstroke in a tbucket. I've seen deisels in them but not this big.

More of less curious if anyone has ever done a build with a 6.0 (or 7.3) powerstroke?
I know that there will be a little more work to do this but im curious if I can do it.
Its something different and I like different.

Is the motor huge? Is it ugly? Just because you can doesn’t mean you should (imho). It’s your car and the motor is only a fraction of what you will spend before you get it on the road.

It would certainly be interesting, but kind of a lot of work for the payoff. It would take a lot of lipstick to make that pig pretty...it might take five years just to dress the engine.
It might be a better candidate as a restomod donor for some other classic vehicle like an old Zephyr or Pickup...something that has a hood over a very large engine bay.

I've had a stray thought for the last few years about using something like this to build a hot-rod flat bed for hauling show cars in style.

The weight is going to probably need more front spring than usual and the added cooling requirement may be difficult to meet with the limited radiator configurations that might still look OK.
Are your fabrication skills and equipment up to the challenge, gonna take a lot of custom work.

Not sure what trans it has, but you might find it a tight squeeze in a narrow T frame with a big assed trans tunnel.

The weight is going to probably need more front spring than usual and the added cooling requirement may be difficult to meet with the limited radiator configurations that might still look OK.
Are your fabrication skills and equipment up to the challenge, gonna take a lot of custom work.

Not sure what trans it has, but you might find it a tight squeeze in a narrow T frame with a big assed trans tunnel.

I had the same thoughts. The motor I was originally planning on using was an LQ4 which is about 480lbs vs the 6.0 power stroke is about 960lbs.
ABout double the weight which I think I would need more suspension up front. I would also think id have to chop the frame and extended it a foot or 2 for the bigger motor. But being I can get the entire f250 that is 100% running for about $500 is a deal I really cant exactly pass up lol

It's your T and you can do what ever you like BUT, some times a deal doesn't turn out to be a deal in the long run. You can buy
the F250 and part it out to help fiance your T with a FE motor. good luck and have fun with it.

I have a Cummins industrial... wanna put it in a bucket? Personally, I think no
It's your T and you can do what ever you like BUT, some times a deal doesn't turn out to be a deal in the long run. You can buy
the F250 and part it out to help fiance your T with a FE motor. good luck and have fun with it.
my thoughts exactly. Those 6.0 are in demand due to high failure rates. I know from experience how heavy the big diesels are... 6.9/7.3 anyways. Low rpm, high torque... not exactly my idea of a good bucket candidate but to each their own. I’ll watch the build no matter what powers it. I do like diesels... in trucks and tractors. Every diesel powered car I’ve owned or worked on were a pita. Just my perspective.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back