Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Test By A Moron!

fluidfloyd

This is a test by a true beginner. If it is screwed up then the government did it.

George

Bucket2.jpg

Man! I LOVE pics like that. Is that you? It's always a pleasure to see where we came from. GOD bless you "old timers". We are forever in your debt.

If you have more, please put them up.

tfeverfred said:
Man! I LOVE pics like that. Is that you? It's always a pleasure to see where we came from. GOD bless you "old timers". We are forever in your debt.

If you have more, please put them up.

Tfeverfred,

Yes, that is me in my younger days. This picture was at my parents home in Jackson, Tennessee in mid 1965. I was in the Army and drove this dangerous thing everyday as my primary and only ride. Kind of like a motorcycle, you got wet a lot. I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama and made the trip home several weekends a month. This was an old polaroid picture that I scanned at a higher DPI resolution. I have several more and my son is going to clean them up and re DPI them for clarity. Now that I know how to post pictures I will try to contribute more often. I will post the rest soon and at that time I will talk about the car and times I had in it. Now, about you my friend. Isn't that you looking down on one ZZ Top Billy Gibbons? You sir are the man. I'll be in touch.

George

fluidfloyd said:
Tfeverfred,

Yes, that is me in my younger days. This picture was at my parents home in Jackson, Tennessee in mid 1965. I was in the Army and drove this dangerous thing everyday as my primary and only ride. Kind of like a motorcycle, you got wet a lot. I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama and made the trip home several weekends a month. This was an old polaroid picture that I scanned at a higher DPI resolution. I have several more and my son is going to clean them up and re DPI them for clarity. Now that I know how to post pictures I will try to contribute more often. I will post the rest soon and at that time I will talk about the car and times I had in it. Now, about you my friend. Isn't that you looking down on one ZZ Top Billy Gibbons? You sir are the man. I'll be in touch.

George

Yup, that be me and the "Rev". We have met a few times. Once at a concert in the early 80's. I won back stage passes and got to sat.... drool.:eek::lol:

Then, I got to meet him again when I was older and a little more rational.:D He was cool as all get out and a regular guy. If you look in the background, you can see George Barris. He didn't talk. I guess he was hungry, as they were going to eat.

I look forward to seeing more pics. I have always treasured my meetings with the older hot rodders. I also take pride in my gift to sit and listen when history speaks. I'm a sponge for knowledge. My dad taught me well.

Floyd is that a tin type photo. Was the photographer Mathew Brady. HA HA just givin u a hard time . Very cool thanks for posting it.

Mr. Rooster,

Yes, it was taken by Mr. Brady. Glad you know your history. I am also glad my new generation son can guide me through the ways of new technology. I will slowly build a photo library of technical examples for referencing so when I shoot my mouth off maybe I can give an example. I have about 20 years of 35mm that I need to start scanning. Several years ago I bought a high resolution film/slide scanner just for that purpose. I have so much Vietnam flying pictures that it will take quite a while but we're working though it. Most of the racing stuff is all film based as I only got a digital a few years ago. As this is a T Bucket forum I want to be careful and not overload or stray from the main focus and interest of this group. So please bare with me and I'll try not to screw this up. If I do then I'm blaming it on the government. Looking to the future.

George

Cool please post any of those pics that sounds cool.

fluidfloyd said:

This photo reminded me so much of my parents... not cause they were into cars... they hated hot rods and bikes... The reason for the flash back of my parents is anytime they would see someone driving a car like this down the road... they would immediately say, "There goes another one of them hoodlums!" ;)

I sat here for a moment with a smile on my face reflecting on my memories of my folks... then I tried to remember when is the last time I heard someone say "Hoodlums"... I can remember anytime in my adult life...

LumenAl,

My mother used to call hoodlums "tough eggs." She also preferred I park the roadster and later my Harley in the back yard. Now my grandmother over in Asheville, N.C. wanted me to park the HD in the front driveway. It gave the neighbors reason to come over to snoop. Guess I always admired her because she took you like you were.

George

Asheville, N.C is just over the mountain about 70ml. I always have been blessed with a great grandmother my grand pow passed about 3 years ago great man to.

My grandpa on my moms side was a railroad switchman and a good guy. My GP on my dads side was a crane operator in a mine Outside Birmingham AL. But he also was a world class coon hunter and tracker when he was in his 20s. People from all over would hire him to guide on one of his coon hunts. His most famous client was Babe Ruth he loved to coon hunt and was a frequent client and to hear my grandpa talk about it a friend. When you could get him to talk !!! My dad had a artical of one of the events from a Birmingham news paper with a pic of GP and the babe. My Dad moved to Fl up by Pensicloa in the mid 90s and passed away. All his stuff got tossed when he passed.

George, do me and probably a lot of fellows a favor........... post ANY pics you have. Whether hot rod related or not. You saved images and memories.

I used to carry a cheap camera in my car and would take random pics when they ppped up. I'm going to start doing that again.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing more.

Tell us more about this car. Body, chassis the whole story.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back