testing

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
ladder%20bar%202_zpsdkrr18qs.jpg

ladder%20bar%201_zpsosqtss64.jpg
assembled%20front%20end_zpsdsfscmyh.jpg

Were those pictures already on PB Ron? Thats pretty quick!

I had to upload pics from my computer to PB and then go to this site to create my post, then go back to PB to retrieve the pictures I wanted to use as I created the post.
I don't use PB as a storage point normally so its...
1) Decide to create a post and review all pics on my computer related to that post.
2) Decide which pictures best tell the story.
3) Upload the pics to a new file on PB.
4) Start writing the post here.
5) Go back and forth to PB to get pictures as the story unfolds.

It seems, for me anyway, that with two windows open and active, plus the continuous advertisements being created by PB that sometimes even open an extra page themselves(!) everything slows down noticeably.
As I've said, not gonna stop me from using PB if I have too, but direct uploads would be a lot more user friendly.

Yes they were on PB already. I keep all my pictures on PB over 3000 of them. Had a computer crash years ago and lost all my pic. Yes I use the bulk uploader, with no problems. I did not get any pop ups while loading those pics either.

I'm gonna keep playing with it.
That computer crash issue is something to think about as well.
With a bit of practice I should get better at using it anyway.
I think I can do another small tech piece early next week for more practice.
Maybe theres a way to cut back on the advertising too.
Never know.

Reactions: RPM
If your running Windows, you have Internet Explorer. Windows makes sure it controls just about all internet feeds. Make sure you have POP UP BLOCKER turned ON, in settings. If your using Google, it still goes through IE, and uses IEs Pop up blocker.

I Email myself pics I want to save, that way even if my computer does crash I still have them. Then when I want to put them on here I save em to my desktop and upload em

Attachments

• IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 25
Sorry, I know thats not T-Bucket related. Thats my wifes caddy. I just put it on Ebay last nite so the pics was still on my desktop.

Good info, Fred. Nice Caddy, Larry. Why don't you put a link for that in the For Sale area? I for one, would like to see more of it.

Years ago, I lost all of my contacts, years of them, after putting everything on my pda and disposing of the hard copies.... It was caused by a virus implanted on our company server by a support employee that was terminated... Never again! I save to an external hard drive every so often to back up my files.

Years ago, I lost all of my contacts, years of them, after putting everything on my pda and disposing of the hard copies.... It was caused by a virus implanted on our company server by a support employee that was terminated... Never again! I save to an external hard drive every so often to back up my files.

I to save to an external hard drive. As flash drives have dropped in price with increased capacity I now keep a 64gig plugged in all the time. You can get a 128gig at Walmart for $32.00. I have seen some 256gigs at around $50.00 and they will get cheaper. I run all my cad drawings of of a flash drive just so I won't lose work in a crash or power issue. I run different projects or interest of individual drives as my laptop has a small hard drive. Just wish I had bought up a hand full of 4 or 8 Gig drives. Easy way to send someone a lot of information.

George

O.K. , my "magic button " showed up today so I'll try it

Attachments

• IMG_20160623_120051.jpg
    IMG_20160623_120051.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 26
I to save to an external hard drive. As flash drives have dropped in price with increased capacity I now keep a 64gig plugged in all the time. You can get a 128gig at Walmart for $32.00. I have seen some 256gigs at around $50.00 and they will get cheaper. I run all my cad drawings of of a flash drive just so I won't lose work in a crash or power issue. I run different projects or interest of individual drives as my laptop has a small hard drive. Just wish I had bought up a hand full of 4 or 8 Gig drives. Easy way to send someone a lot of information.

George

We are about to buy a 16gb network hard drive because we filled a 4 tb hard drive with pictures of builds, customer cars, video and shop pictures. When we bought it I thought that we would never use that much space and it quickly filled up

We are about to buy a 16gb network hard drive because we filled a 4 tb hard drive with pictures of builds, customer cars, video and shop pictures. When we bought it I thought that we would never use that much space and it quickly filled up

I take this back. We are about to get a 16TB network hard drive and not a 16GB hard drive. We have already filled a 4 TB hard drive with videos, pictures of builds, customer cars and shop pictures.

I'm gonna keep playing with it.
That computer crash issue is something to think about as well.
With a bit of practice I should get better at using it anyway.
I think I can do another small tech piece early next week for more practice.
Maybe theres a way to cut back on the advertising too.
Never know.

Hacker, I think I have asked you before but, any pics of your ride? I love your icon, so low profile and sleek.....I want to see more close up. Do you have link to photo bucket or can you post a few?

New Foundland? Got damn, your way on the edge of the earth..... to most! That looks like an awesome place to reside.

Thanks TJ...yes it is a great place.
I'm a 10-15 minute ride from the most Easterly point of North America. Everywhere you go the North Atlantic ocean is the backdrop to your pictures.
Oddly enough, the scenery around here is raved over by people who visit, but kinda downplayed by the people who live here.
I guess we're just so used to it! LoL
It's pronounced locally as "NewfenLAND" by the way.
Most visitors seem to use NewFOUNDlund for some reason.
Seems most Canadian News shows etc are finally starting to say it right...but its been a long battle! Hahaha

My car will start to show up a bit more on the board now that we have the ability to post pictures easily.
It's a great site and I want to be a part of it as it continues to grow. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back