Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The BIG BOY body

It is 6" wider all the way front to back, So yes it is 6" wider in the front firewall and 6" wider in the back. This is very close to the car in my avatar, it was 6" wider. It made a big big difference. Regular auto bucket seats will now fit.

Thanks Ron. Sure sounds lke the ticket if you want a third petal in the car!

Reactions: RPM
Would this body be compatible with a 56" rear? I have wheels with 3.5" BS and a 56"WMS rear. plan on 285/70 15 tires.

Would this body be compatible with a 56" rear? I have wheels with 3.5" BS and a 56"WMS rear. plan on 285/70 15 tires.

You may want to check on the availability of those 285/70x15 tires. As far as I know they are a discontinued size.

Jim

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that Coker had started remaking the B F Goodrich 285's. It's especially good to know as that is what I'm running on my car.

Jim
I hope they don't sell out before I get to that point LOL

WOW this is a game changer! I have been away for a while, came back and see that Ron has a new big boy body. I am sure glad that my frame is just tacked together!
Ron I will assume that to use this body that I will have to add 10" to the main frame rails? Any mods to the width? right now I am 26.5" wide, front to back. Will the frame need to be tapered, also as Jeffk asked will a 56" rear work or will a 61" be more suitable?

It is 6" wider all the way front to back, So yes it is 6" wider in the front firewall and 6" wider in the back. This is very close to the car in my avatar, it was 6" wider. It made a big big difference. Regular auto bucket seats will now fit.

Where is this car and what has happened to it?Scan36_0036.jpg

Where is this car and what has happened to it?View attachment 12330

Several years back, when the only thing I knew about T-Buckets were a bit about Tweedy Pie from the 50s mags, and the kit ads from 70s mags, Ron's silver car confirmed to me that what I need is possible.. I really wish that I'd have the opportunity to work with Ron on my build.

Hey Ron,

Do you still have that old picture of Al Carpenter sitting in your first extended body? If so, please post it here, as I would like to send it to a friend.

Thanks,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back