Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Bucket List

Intrepid

Ok .. well I have a thread going over at the Ontario Rodders forum as well, and I have a huge list.
The Bucket as you may have gleaned from the introductions was a Father son deal 20 years ago.
As it stands ..
Ford 8" rear 2.79 gear no track lock - 283 - powerpack heads, 2 speed powerglide.
So on the rebuild plan now, relocate the steering from the straight up/through the floor position to through the firewall.
Recently got the headers and had the drive shaft made up.
Have a 64 corvair steering box that I was going to reverse, but I can't get it apart.
I am either going to swap and buy another or take it to the machine shop.
I got the steering column mocked up and just waiting to see what I can get at my local flee market in Lindsay in a few weeks, otherwise ordering from Summit.

Ok well.
my stuff is on my own web server, www dot jeffwca dot Bucket/ the pics are numbered there from 10 to 21.
so on the end of that address you would a 10.jpg for example.

16.jpg you can see here I have the column mocked up and the corvair box

This is an old school T, originally made in the 70's.
Hand made - welded frame, and I think a 64 chev van front axle (correct me on that if you know)

Can't see to edit a post either.
so that address should be www dot jeffw dot ca forward slash Bucket forward slash.
Then the pic number, if you follow that.

Looks like your off to a good start. Checked out your pics. You can edit your post right after you post it. Edit is on the left bottom. Not sure you can come back later and edit. If you would resize the photos on your other forum, you could post them here. I did one and it did show here, but was about double the size. I just copied it and pasted it here, then removed it.
Lee

Last edited:
Got some steel shipped, going to start building a bird cage to mount a dash, inside firewall sub frame to hide some wiring, a battery box, and a breaker panel.

So for those pics.
10.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much now.
And the finger shedder fan is gone.
The Alternator will be relocated I am thinking to the lower passenger side if I can figure out the plumbing issue with the water pump.
The seats will be reupholstered (covered temporarily).
Will be glass beading the intake and a few other components, the rest of the rusty chrome will be replaced with aluminum.
So the bulk of the look will be black, brushed aluminum, and some spray on ceramic.
I want to change out all the hardware for stainless allen head bolts - socket head cap screw type.
And all the heim joints need to be replaced as well, hope I can find stainless.
Want to add some friction shocks to the front, just off of the main tube.
And I may have to loose a leaf out of the front (the thing is solid as concrete).

Do you still have the coil springs that were in the rear? Shouldn't be hard to find some at the pick and pull that will work with a little experimenting. A saws all and a grinder would clean up the front axle where the original springs went. Make sure you use half nuts to lock the new heims as well.

Ya, I have the springs.
They are off for measuring, and sandblasting.
It will need new shocks as well.
Good example of how they use to do things eh ?
Non of this fancy coil over stuff.

I will add the Nitro Arm, Nitro purge circuit and relays, along with more detailed stereo and USB charge as I go.

The dash board design took a different turn after I realized the amount of drop the column support would need.
Originally I was planning a nice gauge package in the center of the dash the typical kind of thing you would see.
But now, after seeing the column drop support I am thinking of incorporating that into the dash similar to a 1955 chev truck cluster, to mimic the lines of the firewall.
It will be a custom, half 55 chev car, half 55 chev truck, hardwood with aluminum inlay.
I won't be using the monster chrome bezels ,, just the gauges.
google 1955 chev truck interior to get an idea.

I do plan on adding the clock from the 55 chev car section and hiding the modern stereo behind an aluminum tambour door in that part.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back