Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The build is now beginning

a>
a>
a>
a>
I used the google photos seems to work

Got the housing shortened and welded back together tonight. Ordered cut to fit axles from diffdoctor.com hopefully I will have I a roller in a few weeks.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1568337406055.jpg
    FB_IMG_1568337406055.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 48
PLEASE DONT take this the wrong way, but get a professional welder to have a look over your frame....

Hate me if you must but I'm concerned with your safety.

PLEASE DONT take this the wrong way, but get a professional welder to have a look over your frame....

Hate me if you must but I'm concerned with your safety.
I appreciate the concern I am a trained welder and worked as one when I was younger. I beveled all the edges to make sure I got good penetration. They are solid just not show quality. I have a cataracts that will require surgery in a couple years. It makes it hard to see.

I was a LLoyds register welder some 40 years ago. I have a friend who is a qualified welder come and do all my critical welds because.....

Guess what., my sight is not good enough to run a decent bead any more and although I do believe you regarding penetration etc they are not pretty. In my book not being pretty on the outside means probably not pretty on the inside.

Get them checked out PLEASE.

This is the last one I did some 7, 8 years ago maybe...

A best weld.JPG

I just had cataract surgery and if you think it will be a couple of years DO IT NOW! It is amazing the difference. Besides not being able to see the colors are spectacular! Just be sure to do the drops they give you and you’ll be fine.

I too was a certified welder and at one time and welded all day, every day for a period. I could weld by feel... not so much now. Vision not so good, makes a big difference. I can run beautiful beads, usually turn out to be good welds, sometimes they are beside of what I intend to weld, getting old sucks! Welding is a lot like riding a bike, once you learn you don’t forget, but it takes practice to get the feel and be proficient again. Be safe. Btw, I ordered magnifying lenses for my auto darkening helmet and it helped me quite a bit. Better than trying to wear glasses inside the hat.

WOW! I didn't know you could get magnifying lenses for your welder. I would love to be able to ditch my reading glasses. My welds are not as good as they used to be. Could we get more detailed info ?

WOW! I didn't know you could get magnifying lenses for your welder. I would love to be able to ditch my reading glasses. My welds are not as good as they used to be. Could we get more detailed info ?
They sell them at the welding supply stores here.

I ordered them on line and I do not recall the name of the company. Sorry! I have an older Marquette mig welder and it is easier to order consumables than try to get them local. I presume most welding suppliers have them. They do help. Not very expensive. If by chance you cannot find them, pm me and I will find the company info for you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back