Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

People that have never driven a blown car think you are over selling the feeling. Especially in something as light as a t bucket! Lol

Darlene, I know exactly what you mean. I know this may sound silly but I put a blower on my 4.0 Mustang (put in on at 60K miles and drove it for another 60K as my DD before selling it). Amazing, just amazing! The sound! The feel! I picked up a 2018 Mustang EcoBoost and even though this is a great car in many, many respects....I really miss the blower. My bucket is done (yeah right) but I still think about putting that 4.0 setup in it. Maybe one day. Looking forward to your build pics!!

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 24
Been quite an exciting week here . . . no, my kit didn't ship yet, . . . but I got a couple pics of the completed frame, and it's on deck to go to the paint room.

Even sweeter, I managed to scrounge up a few extra $$ to put into the project, so I upgraded from the S10 rear that normally comes with the kit, to a new aftermarket 9" Ford.

I went with the Eaton TrueTrac, heavy duty axles, 4.86 gears, and disk brakes, though I had ordered disk originally, so I guess that's not exactly an upgrade item.

Anyway . . . . I'm really excited about the upgrade, as that will be tough enough to take almost any crate BBC I might want to add later . .

Like that 572 and 632 I keep drooling over when I look at my Summit Racing drool, I mean wish, list.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-ps5720ctc/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-ps6320ctc/overview/

Frame 1r.jpg

Frame 2r.jpg

Last edited:
congrats on the rear axle upgrade. pretty cool stuff!

Thanks,

I was really so glad to be able to manage the upgrade now, just before they sent the S10 rear to assembly and paint. I was able to get credit for much of the related stock bits, so that offset the new rear cost by enough to swing the deal.

Those aftermarket 9" Ford parts ain't cheap . . . But they sure are key to being able to keep it together with some real horsepower.

I really can't say enough good things about dealing with Josh and Spirit cars

Darlene

Even sweeter, I managed to scrounge up a few extra $$ to put into the project, so I upgraded from the S10 rear that normally comes with the kit, to a new aftermarket 9" Ford.
Can't go wrong there with the way you like BIG HP!

Like that 572 and 632 I keep drooling over when I look at my Summit Racing drool, I mean wish, list.
Do you have the tools and background to build what you want?

I went with the Eaton TrueTrac, heavy duty axles, 4.86 gears, and disk brakes, though I had ordered disk originally, so I guess that's not exactly an upgrade item.
I assume with that gear ratio, there must not be too many Interstate highways on the island? ;)

Can't go wrong there with the way you like BIG HP!

Do you have the tools and background to build what you want?

I assume with that gear ratio, there must not be too many Interstate highways on the island? ;)

I have the tools and background, but we don't have anything close to an automotive machine shop here . . . total population of the Island is about 65,000 and 82 square miles, so there's no where near enough need to support one.

It's really just more practical to go with an assembled crate motor than try to build.

As far as Interstate highways . . . what the hell is that!!!

We don't even have a decent stretch of 4 lane blacktop.

We do however, have a nice wide 2 lane that's in good repair, gets minimal use, screams for more power, even from my vette, and has as close to zero police enforcement as you can get . . . the best part is that I drive it to and from work daily

What more could a girl ask for!

I forgot to mention, . . . I'm running a 700R4 trans, so with overdrive, that 4.86 is the same as a 3.42 without overdrive, so it's not that highway unfriendly as it looks at first glance . .

Last edited:
Thanks,

I really can't say enough good things about dealing with Josh and Spirit cars

that's what i keep hearing. those guys even seemed open to modifying their "off the shelf" frame to resemble a 60s style frame i'm interested in. i must say other companies were likewise open to modifications (except for speedway; different business model so i can't be too critical) but spirit does impress.

that's what i keep hearing. those guys even seemed open to modifying their "off the shelf" frame to resemble a 60s style frame i'm interested in. i must say other companies were likewise open to modifications (except for speedway; different business model so i can't be too critical) but spirit does impress.

One of the other things that drew me to Spirit, was that they use 2" X 3" X 3/16" steel for the frames, where all the others use 1/8" thickness. . . and some use, or used to use, only 1 1/2 X 3 X 1/8

I figured the heavier frame material could be a plus if I went with some big HP at some point.

I have the tools and background, but we don't have anything close to an automotive machine shop here . . . total population of the Island is about 65,000 and 82 square miles, so there's no where near enough need to support one.
That's what I suspected, guess I could have asked with a different tone.

We do however, have a nice wide 2 lane that's in good repair, gets minimal use, screams for more power, even from my vette, and has as close to zero police enforcement as you can get . . . the best part is that I drive it to and from work daily
Now that's what I like to hear ..... a place to unleash unbridled horsepower!!!:thumbsup:
I forgot to mention, . . . I'm running a 700R4 trans, so with overdrive, that 4.86 is the same as a 3.42 without overdrive,
So when are you moving back so you can you use that OD?

Like the young man told me when I asked why he was leaving Hawaii , how many times can you drive around in a circle before you become bored to tears !!

It's often times said in the islands, that "we're all here because we're not all there."

It may seem a bit crazy that folks can find everything they need, (thanks to Amazon) in such a small place while not being bored to death and feel like they're missing out on life, but for me, I think it was because I was already over 50 when I came here . . . . never married, no kids/grandkids, so no real family ties or stateside commitments. I love my job and the people I work with, (no doubt that that is a major factor) . . . . I'll be 70 in a bit over a year, and can't imagine that I'd ever want to retire . . .

Gotta maybe see my loan girl at the bank . . . Can't get that 632 out of my head now . . .

Darlene,(if I may) you bring a unique perspective here to not only a male dominated hobby, but to finding happiness in a place few will ever experience. ...........now, back to fiberglass resin! :roflmao:

Been quite an exciting week here . . . no, my kit didn't ship yet, . . . but I got a couple pics of the completed frame, and it's on deck to go to the paint room.

Spirit does build a stout frame, and I love being able to drill and tap mine when adding brackets or brake clamps!:thumbsup:

"some of the others" would be more accurate, there are a few more that use 3/16 wall.

You are correct,

I used "all" as I was relating to suppliers who could fulfill the most if not all of my criteria . . a very complete kit with painted frame and titling being a major one. I should have added that qualifier.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back