Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

A little more progress day by day . . . . .

Need to swing by Homedepot to get another dolly to move this thing around on and get the center section out.

P_20190303_144659_HDR r1.jpg

How will you ship it back?

I'm hoping Josh will ship the 62" one to me first, which would give me a crate to ship this one back in.

They have to be crated when they ship from the manufacturer to Spirit, so crates are already made, no reason I should have to make one up from scratch.

Maybe Josh can have the vendor just ship it right to the freight service in Miami where it'll go right on the boat to here.

Sometimes life gets in the way of our toy time. But not to worry, it'll still be there when you can get back to it. If I had just been born rich instead of so damn good looking I wouldn't have to work to afford my toy's! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::unsure:

Hope things slow down a bit for you soon. :thumbsup:

If you was that good-looking, you wouldn't have to work either. :whistling:

Not much of an update, but I finally got the rear out and broken down to where the housing and axles are ready to send back . . . . .

Now I just have to get Josh to go along with sending me out a 62" one first, so I can reuse the crate, and see which bits of hardware I need to send back and which ones I need to hang on to.

P_20190310_161130_HDR r1.jpg

Hi all, Wee bit of an update . . .

Seems Spirit is still draggin' ass on getting me the 62" rear to replace the 56" they sent installed that's 6" too narrow.

It's going on 3 months now . . . . and they still haven't even told me the new 34 style grill shell to replace the original one that was damaged in shipping is even ready either.

As most of you know, the '23 takes a 56", while the '27 needs a 62" wide rear.

I have to admit that I've let this get to me and bum me out really badly, but finally, I'm getting it back together emotionally and trying to move forward.

I really expected to be either driving it by now, or at least close to it . . . not waiting with my thumb up my butt for something to arrive that should have been right in the first place.

As I mentioned in the lounge, I got really apathetic for a while and the tropical jungle overtook my work tent, but today I reclaimed my work space and my project '27T.

I even started to see what I can do to repair the shipping damaged grill shell, even if only sufficiently well enough to set up the rad and mounting brackets for it . . . .

Move forward, little baby steps at a time . . . .

Tall Grass r1.jpg

Cut Grass r1.jpg

Grill Shell r1.jpg

Grill Shell r2.jpg

sorry that you're having such a time of it. a real morale killer but sometimes you need a breather and regroup.

fwiw you're a bit of an inspiration, that is your working area, as i think my working conditions will also be under a tent or some such thing. when i see guys in their sweet garages with floors n stuff i wonder what i'll be getting my self into.

looking forward to seeing this thing come along!

Now might be a good time to paint the body.

Now might be a good time to paint the body.

Much as I'd like that, having bought the car and sprang for the monster crate motor last year, . . . painting the body just isn't in the budget till at least next year when I can afford a really nice paint job to match what I've already invested.

At least I've been running the motor every couple weeks . . . that wonderful noise is good for the soul.

Drive it in gelcoat. Have fun with it. Paint flames or scallops with a spray can. Or the whole thing with a spray can. That will be fun to drive!

Little Update . . . .

As I mentioned in the lounge thread, I got an email this morning from Josh at Spirit.

Talk about making my day and lifting my spirits . . . :) :)

Looks like my new rear housing is ready to ship from the manufacturer.

Here's hoping it won't take long for Spirit to put the brackets on and paint it. . . . would love to be putting in a driveline by June.

Darlene

What's stopping you now from putting the engine/tranny in? Get a couple of jack stands to hold the back up, granted you won't be able to get a drive shaft yet, but there's a lot you can be doing in the mean time.

What's stopping you now from putting the engine/tranny in? Get a couple of jack stands to hold the back up, granted you won't be able to get a drive shaft yet, but there's a lot you can be doing in the mean time.

Short answer is I need to be able to roll the chassis out of the tent to get it under the crane to lift the body off and the engine/trans in.

The crane won't fit under the tent or thru the front opening, so the car has to roll out.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back