Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

Got my driveshaft and "eyes down" front spring ordered today . . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Went with the Strange Engineering custom built 3" diameter chomoly tube with forged ends and their forged trans yoke.

When ordered together, it all comes assembled and balanced, so I should be good to go.

Already got notification from Speedway that my spring and spacers has shipped . . . that was quick!

Now that I've pretty much recuperated from way too much working, way too hard, in the hot sun last week . . . I'll tackle the cutouts in the body for the shifter, battery box, and master cylinder, then try to get the line-lock installed so I can get the brakes filled & bled.

Hopefully . . . all these new tropical weather systems coming off the African coast will turn north or dissipate and not become new hurricanes for the Caribbean. We're right at peak of season, so we have to watch everything closely.

Went with the Strange Engineering custom built 3" diameter chomoly tube with forged ends and their forged trans yoke.
I'm like you IG, I may never need the components I have bought, but I have a nice internal fuzzy feeling that makes me continent. I sleep better knowing .....

Don't have to worry about pole vaulting when you're going down the interstate!

A Little update . . .

Good news can be a double edge sword . . . .

I'm back to work . . . again (the last 2 1/2 weeks or so) . . . so I have my regular income and less anxiety, but of course now I have almost no spare time with working 6 days, and a couple of them are long hours.

Anyway, my new front spring and trans oil cooler came in, and my custom driveshaft made it to Miami, (not sure if it made last week's boat or will go on this week's boat).

Ordered what should be 98% of my electrical items, probably enough wire at least for 2 or 3 more T's.

Once my electrical items get here, I'll put up a sort of flow diagram of how I want everything to layout.

The Hurst line-lock and the electric vacuum pump for the power brakes also came in, so once I get some time, I have plenty of work to do. . . . Hopefully, I shouldn't have any more significant items to buy, but an MSD 6AL ignition sure is tempting!

A 6AL can come with a rev limiter which is why I bought one for my blown 392. It is too easy to break the tires loose and I felt that it might be a good idea to keep a 63 year old engine from over winding. Your engine is much newer so this might not be a concern, just food for thought.

A 6AL can come with a rev limiter which is why I bought one for my blown 392. It is too easy to break the tires loose and I felt that it might be a good idea to keep a 63 year old engine from over winding. Your engine is much newer so this might not be a concern, just food for thought.

I was actually thinking about this one specifically.

I like that it's a sealed marine grade with weatherproof connector. It'll work just fine with my MSD Ready To Run distributor, and I can keep my Blaster 2 coil for now and upgrade that later.

Downside would be that I would also have to get a multispark compatible timing light, and the ones from MSD are mighty pricey.

This was posted very recently, I really like this ignition system design. It has all the features below, I just DON'T know how reliable it its .....
I need someone like you to test it and let me know what you think !!! .....please !!!

www.progressionignition.com

• Ignition timing is adjusted with your smartphone or tablet using the Progression Ignition Tuner App. There are NO mechanical adjustments inside the distributor.
  • Easy to use! The app will create a custom timing table for you by entering just a few basic numbers.
  • Tune with a modern style timing table interface. Powerful editing features for expert tuners but easy enough for a novice
  • Make timing adjustments in real time with the engine running or not
  • Store as many tables as you want on the smartphone or tablet. Change tables instantly using the app.
  • Theft prevention feature prevents the engine from starting using the app.
  • Wireless Bluetooth connection
  • The internal ignition module maximizes coil current to 8 amps up to 10,000 RPM
  • Built in Rev Limiter
  • 2.5 bar MAP sensor for turbo and supercharged applications
  • Timing range of 10 degrees BTDC to 50 degrees BTDC
  • Separate tachometer output wire
  • Sealed ball bearing for the shaft
  • Diameter of distributor is 5 1/8”
  • Distributor gear is compatible with flat tappet cams (cast iron) and hydraulic roller cams (austempered ductile iron). Aftermarket billet steel solid roller cams will require a different gear. Some billet steel cams have a regular cast gear pressed on which is compatible. Check with the cam manufacturer

Yea Indy, . . . I saw that when it was posted

I'll have to check with Santa and see if I've been nice enough this year (damn . . . can't believe I said that with a straight face . . . ) . . . . likely he'll remember the weed I baked into his cookies last Christmas, only without the same level of humor as it had back then. . . . Got Damn the elves were pissed, Took me a week to finally shovel the last of the reindeer crap off the roof.

I did end up ordering the MSD 6M-3L, so I'm good to go ignition box wise.

Last edited:
Well this friggin' sucks big time . . . . .

DelCity cancelled my order today because they won't ship to a freight forwarder . . . :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I guess it's back to shopping Amazon again. . . . :(

I did take a look at the harness that came with my kit, and it's a 12 circuit, not a 6 as I was previously thinking, with 2 flashers, the usual dash switches, and a horn relay, as well as the connector that connects to the steering column for the turn signals, so maybe I'll rethink using that, along with the push buttons & relays plan I had to get rid of the traditional dash switches.

That's a bummer, Darlene.
12 circuits should be enough, but you may have more "accessories" than the average.
Love your positive outlook. Keep it up . . . you'll be cruisin' before you know it! :thumbsup:

That's a bummer, Darlene.
12 circuits should be enough, but you may have more "accessories" than the average.
Love your positive outlook. Keep it up . . . you'll be cruisin' before you know it! :thumbsup:

Living down here these last 20 years, I've grown accustomed to having to have a Plan B at the ready and a Plan C close by in the wings . . . .

The Caribbean in general, seems to be a high-fraud region . . . . . so it's somewhat understandable that companies tend to be a bit "overly cautious".

Whelp... they just lost a potential customer.
That was a lame excuse given by a lazy employee.
Shame on them.
(I looked for but could not find the "middle finger" emoji...)

Hi Darlene ; I have an account with Delcity. If you need my help just let me know.PS: This would involve 2 shipments.

Hi Darlene ; I have an account with Delcity. If you need my help just let me know.PS: This would involve 2 shipments.

Greatly appreciate the offer, but I already ordered a bunch of the original Delcity order thru Amazon, all the large gage / battery & alternator cabling & power feed to the distribution blocks.

I'm going to replan a little and order the smaller gages, (12 to 18) of wire in a week or two after I can get a day or two off work and give it all some uninterrupted thought.

If I need anything that only they can supply, I'll take you up on the offer.

My MSD ignition box came in, and the coil should be in this week . . . . I'm figuring that it will be better in the long run to wire once with everything all in place, than have to go back and rewire for "upgrades".

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back