Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Florida Roadsters Cruise

EX JUNK

On Saturday, November sixth, the Florida Roadsters had their annual cruise. It was a rather chilly 42 degrees when we left the house that morning to make the long drive to Port Canaveral to meet for breakfast at dockside. From there we took a twenty mile cruise from the port down Merritt Island's beautiful tropical trail to Doubles Beachside Sports Bar in Indian Harbor Beach near Patrick Air force Base. There we met more roadsters that chose not to make the chilly ride to the port.

We stayed at Doubles until about three o'clock, then we headed out to Gary Moore's Hot Rod Stuff in Melbourn, for ice cream, cake, cookies and sodas. Gary's place is a site to behold. It is LOADED with all kinds of hot rod "stuff", including cars and some projects that are in the works.

After enjoying Gary and his wife's hospitality, my wife, Nan, and I headed out for our sixty-five mile drive home in the warmer late afternoon sunshine.

Below are some pictures of the T's that were in attendance. We were definitely out numbered by the '32's that were there, including Mickey Lauria's beautiful Dearborn Deuce.

These four T's traveled together from Orlando. There was supposed to be two more but they were unable to make it.

DSC00273.jpg

Here are three others.

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

This last one was very interesting. I did not get to speak with the owner but the story that I got from a guy that knows him was very interesting. According to him, the owner/builder made this car up out of bits and pieces he had laying around. In the process, he stretched the body though the door area by about three inches.

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

We are looking forward to next year's cruise and hoping that it is warmer than this year was.

Jim

Thanks for the pics. great and some are new to me. Big smile on my face (I would use one of those little round things here, but I just cant bring myself to do it)
Gerry

Thanks for posting the photos Jim as always appreciate seeing others rides. Love that old '27 roadster with the back to basic looks. And we our temps in celsius over here so I wonder what 49 F felt like? The weather still looked good for open air cruising though.

Looks like fun time...You didn't call?

Ahhh. I was in Melbourn for a time back in 92 or so. what a great area for a cruise that must be. I lived right across the highway from the Indian river so dragging a wind surfer across the road was easy, and fishing off the small islands was really cool. never knew what you were gona drag in.
I don't miss the nasty drinking/shower water, or my X wife however. :fidget:

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back