Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The good ol' days . . .

1.50 in gas and .50 would be a hot date on Friday night after the foot ball game going to Hardee's. Burger/ fries and a drink for a .25 including tax.:)

In Florida where I grew up we had Royal Castle - Root Beer and a bag of sliders for a buck!

Everyday we spend being above ground & NOT planted in it, is a good day. 10 years from now these days will be "the good ol days" So.........we're living in the good ol days RIGHT NOW. Is the glass half EMPTY or is the glass half FULL ?? I remember all the low prices . The costs were down , but so was our income.

Can't eat or drink money. Grew up young on my Grandma's farm. Raised all we ate except sugar/flower/rice. Only went to town twice a year. Early Spring to buy seeds and bare necessities and Fall to buy shoes and necessities for Winter. Only wore shoes in the Winter Wood stove in kitchen, wood heater in living room. No electricity untill 1964. Took a Senator to get that done.
Life was simple, but hard.
Trying to live like that again, but getting hard to do for this old guy

Life is great every day you wake up, no matter what ails you . The only way to ruin mine is to try and kill me. That wouldn't be easy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back