Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Hunnert Dollar T begins

flatmountain

Sometimes you just have to know the right people. I picked this one up from my buddy, Auggie (fellow in the picture) for the princely sum of $100.00. She's rougher than riding a skateboard with square tires but can be saved. Any ideas on redoing the front suspension? I'm not keeping the VW torsion bar set up for sure. Hunnert Dollar T 1.jpg Hunnert Dollar T 2.jpg Hunnert Dollar T 3.jpg Hunnert Dollar T 4.jpg Hunnert Dollar T 5.jpg Hunnert Dollar T 6.jpg

looks like a fun build. As far as front suspensions go, I'm partial to an old fashioned dropped front axle with transverse leaf spring.

If you ditch the buggy front end, maybe you can find a way to use the rack with coil overs on the front. Without the spring you might have room. IMO

I have to give you guys a lot of credit to tackle a car in that shape. The reason that I built a roadster in the first place is so I wouldn't have to deal with that rust that most steel cars of that age have on them. My first hot rod was a 1930 Ford 2 door sedan. Cool but very rusty! So I built my first t bucket when I was 20 years old. Sold it to get married. Built the one I have now 33 years ago. I so much wanted a 29-30 coupe; no fenders, open hood, etc.. I bought a body 10 years ago and there was more rust on that thing than there was metal! It's now sitting in my brother in law's barn in Wisconsin (maybe).

Good luck!!!

Good start but I gotta teel ya - I think I'd ashcan the rear suspension too. Nothing like a nice dropped axle up front and a 8" ro 9" Ford on coil overs or even a buggy spring out back - I'm using a narrowed '35 Ford rear spring on my project but Model T and A springs are so pretty!

I'd agree with Mike, cut off the Front and Rear suspension and just replaced with a better set up. You got some work ahead of you but my hat is off to you. The harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory!

Wanna double your money just like it sits? LOL Seriously that will be a nice old school ride with some work. Really like it!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back