Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The naked chassis thread.

Gerry

As a comment today Best part of the car gets covered up by the body imo. I think it could be nice to run a chassis only thread, unless there's one here already somewhere.

Would be good to stick to chassis from rough basic frame to completed or body off. Want to stay away from parts that make them up and concentrate on the whole thing as a single unit.

Just a thought

all yella2 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

I'm down with this thread concept. I am an un-chassis'd individual aspiring to build, and this could potentially be a great idea source.

When I painted my frame with 2 part paint, there was NO such thing as digital
photographs like today. :(

But I sure like your frame, it's my kinda RED !

I could digitize them myself, if there was something to work on :(:(:(
Remember, I'm one of those Techez's you have talked about ???

This would have been in the late 80's, do you remember what you were
doing that night ??????

Maybe should not talk about it if your wife is reading !

I could digitize them myself, if there was something to work on :(:(:(
Remember, I'm one of those Techez's you have talked about ???

This would have been in the late 80's, do you remember what you were
doing that night ??????

Maybe should not talk about it if your wife is reading !

Yes. I remember. That stuff is above my pay grade tho. That's why I have you. :D

Hmmm....late 80's. Yes...I remember...and I was probably doing it with my wife. So ok for her to read. She might blush tho. We were still newlyweds. :eek::whistling::roflmao:

Last edited:
Looks good Mike. I like the Cross steering and the location of the box vs the traditional steering mine has presently. I think I will be upgrading to this style. Are you using the Vega box / setup from Speedway?

Looks good Mike. I like the Cross steering and the location of the box vs the traditional steering mine has presently. I think I will be upgrading to this style. Are you using the Vega box / setup from Speedway?

Yes, it’s a Vega box cross steering setup, I can’t take credit for the location as Ron@RPM did that for me when I bought the frame from him years ago. Other than Drag Link and Tie Rod (Speedway) all the other steering components came from RPM. I can’t sing his praises enough...

This was a project that my brother and I were supposed to start a long time ago, but we both went through life issues. We just got back at it last month. We really have been enjoying it.

The prettiest parts and most educational parts are covered by the body. And most are beautiful pieces of work but I just can't see myself laying on my back cleaning it up after going 100 miles in the rain.

Just before it was covered with the body

It would help if the owners of these great frames told us whose frame we're looking at, the manufacturer or home built or maybe a combination of both.

Planning my T as well. Great idea for a thread considering I'm frame shopping.

I'm liking the Speedway Tribute frame because of the model A rear "buggy" spring, must have it, seems no one else offers this. I'm kinda bummed because I prefer thicker than 1/8" steel for the frame rails.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back