Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The naked chassis thread.

That's interesting tire tread design, who made that tire ?

What did you think about the ride with that rear spring?

That's interesting tire tread design, who made that tire ?

What did you think about the ride with that rear spring?

Don't remember Indy. It was one of those things of trying to match front & back tread design as close as possible.

SUCKED!!! Was rather harsh. Tried several different spring combos but never really was happy with it.

Same car. Wanted a longer bed so made my own. I fabed pretty much that entire car. Even removed the body lines. Wanted a smoothy look.2019-12-02 18.47.55.jpg

I Just Love those rear wheels !

I've been a fan of those wheels for a very long time (10 or so years). They just scream I
am strong enough to deal with any HP sent my way!

If I ever buy new wheels, I will gladly give up my original Centerline wheels for yours !

If I ever buy new wheels, I will gladly give up my original Centerline wheels for yours !

Interesting you mention the Centerlines Rick. While I was home (houston) for Thanksgiving I found a new set of the original solid center Centerlines over in the corner of my dads hanger. I had forgotten about them along with some other car stuff he had moved over into the corner to get it out of the shop / way. 2) 15X13 & 2) 15X6 spindle mount polished still in the box. Guess I had bought them for a race car project years ago and decided not to use them for whatever reason. Honestly can't remember.

Here's a pic of a car I did using a rear buggy spring. Didn't use the traditional "A" cross member and instead cut the frame to match the arch and welded a plate with same arch to attach spring to. I then had Tulsa auto spring make me a spring stack to my specs. That car was my previous avatar.View attachment 17830
That is nice and shows just what the imagination can do when you want a certain look. I wish everyone could be a machinist/mechanic/welder/electrician/engineer---O HELL a GENIUS like ME!!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I'm really just a dumb ass country boy that thinks he knows it all!!

So your question (as I understand it) is, will the buggy spring work with the "Traditional" frame and a 9" rear end without a bunch of surgery? I'll bet someone at Speedway can answer that question.

Actually I'm more excited by it than apprehensive, no pressing need to know to make the decision. More like thinking out loud, so if someone here has this under their T or knows of one, they can share the info. I'm coming up with bupkis, it's always nice to see what you're buying in use.

I'm going for as short wheel base as possible, so, if the body has to be modified kinda like what you would do with a trans tunnel, so be it. Probably one of the only places you can do something like this on the small T body and not get even more cramped, it wouldn't need much.

Here's a better angle photo of the rear kickup, minimal frame extension for the diff mounting. I do believe it's a given that the T body has to be notched to fit the kicked up rails in when channeling the body. That probably is the deciding factor on body to diff clearance, channeled or not channeled. I wouldn't be opposed to a drive shaft tunnel either, although I can't recall a T bucket ever needing one.
7154800_L1600_b1546f44-23c2-4631-aa8d-7f8c5328d8fc.jpg

In the above post, that car is on the road and the body not hitting the rear end. Yes the frame is up through the floor. Buy the Manual for this car and everything will be clearer.
GREAT price for that kit and if the frame doesn't suit you, sell it and make or have one made that does.
The only reason MOST people don't use a Buggy spring is the harshness of the ride. What good is a car you built that you can't ENJOY driving? Traditional or comfort? You will not be able to drive it for any long distances as I and many others have for thousands of miles and days.

I may be rude and harsh at times but you said you were familiar with building cars but can't grasp what you are looking at with the pictures and explanations to your questions.
So, like I said, CALL one of the sponsors on here and ask them what they can do for you. I can't help any more than that.

Interesting you mention the Centerlines Rick. While I was home (houston) for Thanksgiving I found a new set of the original solid center Centerlines over in the corner of my dads hanger. I had forgotten about them along with some other car stuff he had moved over into the corner to get it out of the shop / way. 2) 15X13 & 2) 15X6 spindle mount polished still in the box. Guess I had bought them for a race car project years ago and decided not to use them for whatever reason. Honestly can't remember.
That is interesting, guess you have a head start on your next project since you already have the wheels.

I may be rude and harsh at times but you said you were familiar with building cars but can't grasp what you are looking at with the pictures and explanations to your questions.

man o man, what am I going to do with you? There are two different frames here. You keep referring to Speedway's "Tribute frame", not what I'm talking about or interested in buying. I did clarify the difference earlier, refer to post #32, first sentence, you did reply to it and completely misunderstood it. One more time, please FOCUS, Speedway's "Traditional frame", the one I have pictures put up here of. You really can't see the difference? You went to the website and can't understand the descriptions or see differences in the photos? I can't grasp what I'm looking at! I'm not for blocking people but this is getting really old fast. I didn't come here for nonsense bickering and insults.

man o man, what am I going to do with you? There are two different frames here. You keep referring to Speedway's "Tribute frame", not what I'm talking about or interested in buying. I did clarify the difference earlier, refer to post #32, first sentence, you did reply to it and completely misunderstood it. One more time, please FOCUS, Speedway's "Traditional frame", the one I have pictures put up here of. You really can't see the difference? You went to the website and can't understand the descriptions or see differences in the photos? I can't grasp what I'm looking at! I'm not for blocking people but this is getting really old fast. I didn't come here for nonsense bickering and insults.

OK, I give up. I will say again call RPM and give him your specs and you will get what you want or build it yourself.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back