Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

The more I see of this, the more I like it.

If I go out to the shop and get in the Bucket and then get out that would be work for me...…Will that count.....…...LOL

Or you go Vrooom Vrooom while sitting in it and then that counts as a 'Drive'.

I'm enjoying the build , letting my imagination run wild. I made a battery box today, it was enjoyable being creative. It will hold a group 51 battery.

Mocking up exhaust. Decided to try a set of Auger style mufflers first, the glasspack style round mufflers just sound a bit fluttery to my ear. I'm hoping the auger muffler has a more "chambered" sound.

I know what you're thinking: It's too high, it'll melt the paint and fiberglass body,it's too close to the tire, getting in and out will be a chore without burning myself. I do have a few tricks and ideas for each of those issues.

Got a couple whiteboards hung up in the new shop space. Hoping to organize and lay out the "To-Do" list, feeling even more overwhelmed now then ever. But, still going to tackle one piece at a time.

I know what you're thinking: It's too high, it'll melt the paint and fiberglass body,it's too close to the tire, getting in and out will be a chore without burning myself. I do have a few tricks and ideas for each of those issues.

Actually, I'm thinking how cool it looks - sort of 'vintage racer' style. Heck with the burned shins! :cool::confused:

PS - I can relate to the overwhelmed feeling - just keep plugging away. Like my friend told me, "Do something every day, and pretty soon there won't be anymore 'somethings' to do!"
(This is about the point where I was feeling that way in my build.:rolleyes:)
Shifter.jpg

I'm a big fan of whiteboards. Helps with remembering what you need to do and how you want to do it. When I moved, I felt lost without my list.
I noticed under the Engine section you have supercharger and nitrous. Your a CRAZY man!!! ha ha

Blower and 2 stage nitrous, someone is going to have some fun!

The Frame is back under the knife. TIG welding over the previous flux core wire welds. Needed to move the motor mount plates forward 1.5". Adding gussets, supports & brackets

Decided that my grinded & clear coated frame was neat but kind of cheesy. Today I opt'd to paint my frame, using a metalflake graphite color meant for wheels. Figured a wheel paint may be more durable, we'll find out.

Also added a decal vintage style number to each door and then flat cleared over the decal:

The exhaust is going to hide most of the decal anyways, but hopefully it's just one more little detail that really locks in the Franken-Rod with a vintage vibe.

The last paint & decal visual mod I want to make is white pinstriping on the racing stripes to separate the red from the black on the stripes. A white pinstripe will tie in the white racing number too

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back