Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

20200101-155808.jpg

I think this calls for your head to swivel!!:D:D:speechless::speechless:o_Oo_O

Just don't get it sideways...
Citroen did this many years ago and found out that on opposite lock the lights pointed the wrong way. If I recall it was on the Monte Carlo Rally and they shelved the idea rather quickly.

A nice neat touch though and always something to talk about :cool:

I love this. Out of the box for sure.

Modified a set of front split wishbones to work as rear radius arms, in the name of matching the set of existing front arms. Originally used a standard leaf spring perch but mounted low it was too low to ground and mounted high interfered with the anti-roll bar linkage. Instead, using a different leaf spring shackle mount made the attach point a different location, raised the arm enough to clear everything and look more natural.

Very nice car.

New shop day, the fourth shop I've moved to since starting this project.

If you have your own space to build your bucket, where you're not dependent on other people in order to stay in that space. Consider yourself lucky.

Began mounting the way tall windshield posts. They'll get cut down once the plexiglass arrives. Kind of disappointed in Speedway for these posts, they are rough...really rough. Going to take alot of time sanding and polishing to get to look like the parts in the image stock advertising these exact parts.

Made myself a windshield:

This windshield is stirring up a bit of controversy; Yes it is Plexi, I am aware it might not be legal...just like the steering headlights. If the inspection calls either out( or any other issue) I'll take care of it then. I do agree, it's not as safe as safety glass in an incident. If there happens to be an accident and/or collision in this vehicle. I am not as much concerned with the .375" thick piece of plastic in front of me as I would be with the .250" thick piece of plastic I'm sitting in. It will scratch easy, true.

It is however an inexpensive, easy to acquire, easy to cut and modify material that actually looks quite good once in place (until it scratches). It's also super light and great for moving in and out of the pillars during fabrication.

But Rick his is only 3/8s thick...….Lot different than 3/4 thick.....

Ok, they are both clear?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back