Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

It sure sounds good.

That's super, Myyk. Are you still planning on taking it to that drag race event in October?

That's super, Myyk. Are you still planning on taking it to that drag race event in October?

Yes I sure am. I'm not sold on pushing it's limits at that track yet, but perhaps as I get more comfortable with it I'll get more daring.

Thats got the sound of 'don't mess with me, I will eat you'. Cant wait for the vid on the 1/4 mile.

Sounds sweet !

How long was the drive, hopefully more than 39 seconds ?

Addressed the majority of the things that just didn't jive on the test drives.

Relocated and redesigned the shifter. Not only does the tall shifter help clear my legs it also puts my hand above the steering wheel to clear that too. Speaking of steering wheel, I had to go drastically smaller diameter. From the corvair 16.5" steering wheel to a 12.5" wheel. Luckily the steering leverage is still to my advantage.

Added a 2nd driveshaft safety loop over the front U-joint:

Seats and belts are solid mounted to the frame. Still need to figure out what to do for an "interior" covering the inside of the fiberglass:

The car goes up to Kingman Az this weekend for Pre-Tech Inspection. I am anticipating tech finding something(s) they want me to address, I'm hoping they pass me this weekend to save time and skip tech for next weekend at the actual drag race event.

The race is an 1/8mile, which is A-Okay by me under these circumstances.

I really like this car. Congrats on dragging it into reality!

Testing the nitrous purge/intercooler spray bar. Slowed down for effect :)

EBG9xj64wyWdwVjXnA

<iframe src="Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY">via GIPHY</a></p>

Mykk reported on his first track outing on fb: "A successful weekend, the debut of the car and it's first official outing.
Un-tuned, un-tested, no shake downs. I didn't push my comfort level behind the wheel and didn't push the car. Making for some embarrassingly slow 1/8th times & ET.The weekend was a total success and I got to drive my project for its first time out on Route 66 made into a legal drag strip."

Mykks car 4.jpg Mykks car5.jpg

It does have a very appealing look to it !

Mykk reported on his first track outing on fb: "A successful weekend, the debut of the car and it's first official outing.
Un-tuned, un-tested, no shake downs. I didn't push my comfort level behind the wheel and didn't push the car. Making for some embarrassingly slow 1/8th times & ET.The weekend was a total success and I got to drive my project for its first time out on Route 66 made into a legal drag strip."

View attachment 21910 View attachment 21911
Embarrassing? Embarrassing is sweeping up the pieces and hauling it home... nothing like the first few drives of fresh projects. Sounds like success in all aspects. There are always improvements and adjustments to be made.

Spanky when we were at the Nationals in 2019 (i think) in Prescot Arizona I drove right over the spot he is at in this photo.......Been There Done That.....I think this is close to where we all went for Breakfast....Neat town for sure....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back