Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

If I may offer a comment. The tie rods from the front of the diff to the chassis would be better at a steeper angle. The old 45* x 45* advice has seen many of the rods bent with torque.Better control of dive and torque reaction to the diff and its mount on the chassis. As always JMHO.
G

Pic of mine if it helps.

rear end tie rods.JPG

Gerry calls them tie rods. We call them something else. They keep the rear end in place! Sway bars?

No bars on his car as yet but the brackets are tacked in place.... hence my post

Thank you for the input, I'll keep it in mind as it's coming together. When I picked up the rear end it already had the mounting point for those torque arms and I just lined them up on the frame with the existing mounting.

With the weight of the drivetrain it compressed the rear shocks almost to the point of bottoming out. With a few test suspension crunches they did bottom out. Replaced them with long shocks that have more travel and slightly stiffer springs.

I was afraid of the axle angle pointing upwards when it was bolted together. It does look a bit nerdy. But I am loving the low ride height. I think I can live with the axle angle in the name of Low.

That's a pretty fast "date" you have as a passenger there, Mykk! :whistling: Will she be your "steady?"

I was afraid of the axle angle pointing upwards when it was bolted together. It does look a bit nerdy. But I am loving the low ride height. I think I can live with the axle angle in the name of Low.

Just need to be aware that the camber is not in your favour. Also Jag IRS need to have around 1/2 degree toe in.

I did the same thing as you and decided to run the IRS 'flat'. Looks mean as hell but so many problems...

Exhaust april 09 (17) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Flat, but showing high at one end due to the surface its sitting on.

Aug 2105. Pels visit (19) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).JPG

Not much progress the past few weeks, moved the car to my work while NTBA was in Prescott.

While the car was at work I did manage to get going on the fuel system. Installed the in-tank EFI pump and gauge level sender. Made hard lines and -6 steel braided lines.

I started with a 25' coil of steel 3/8" line. Start to make a line, get 4 or 5 bends in, then kink a bend and start over. I began to run out of line, so when a bend would kink I'd just cut it there and run steel braided line. Not the cleanest install but it'll work.

My plan at this stage is to keep the tank out in the open so I'll cut the body in the rear for the hard lines and make it appear the fuel lines disappear into the body.

Mounting the skeleton for the steering gear mount. Still need to gusset & cross brace. The body panels go in for paint soon, so I spent some time drilling all the holes & cutting off material where needed to clear everything.

+

Once body is back from paint I can make a trim bezel to go around the piece of the steering gear sticking out of the body. But until then I'll be focusing on making brake lines, mounting & wiring electrical.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back