Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Time to wire

To the right bottom corner of the battery there is a little black box with a white wire coming from it. That's an adjustable timer for LEDs. Its connected to my rear and front light turn signal cluster. I have one for each side, the only glitch is getting them 'tuned' to the same flashing time. Cheap at around $10 each and small enough to hide just about anywhere. I made my rear lights (all LED) and used motorcycle ones inside my headlights.

wiring coming along (12) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

R lights wired (15) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Headlight wiring (29) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Also put the idiot light for them in the back of the HLight mount to keep the dash free of things. The blue one is for main beam.

Main beam warning light (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Hope this helps.
G

I'm hi tech. I have a toggle switch on the seat riser and 2 indicator lights on the dash. If I forget to turn them off I'll be like the old folks driving in the left lane of the expressway 20 MPH under the speed limit with their left hand turn signal flashing away for miles! Most of the time I use my left arm to signal. Nothing to forget to turn off that way.

Made a little progress. Stuck the gauges and column back in. Popped the fuse box apart to remove a few of the circuits I'll have no use for. Don't want the unused wire laying around cluttering things up and it will give me extra wire in case I have to add some somewhere. Waiting on some new adhesive I ordered to arrive. I want to try it on the seat riser. Once I get that in permanently I can start the wiring.
2018-10-17 02.40.07.jpg 2018-10-17 02.43.06.jpg 2018-10-17 02.42.34.jpg

Good to see you are not wasting any time getting started!

Keep it up!

I've started a thread in the electrics forum for an auto-canceling turn signal unit just for us hot rodders. Please read it and add your comments. I am going to build it and put it in my bucket and really want your inputs to make it the best for all.

Ok JetMech727, don't make me come up there to get you started again !!! It won't be pretty!!! :)

It's been nearly a month, we need an update !

Ok JetMech727, don't make me come up there to get you started again !!! It won't be pretty!!! :)

It's been nearly a month, we need an update !

LOL Indy! Sadly nothing to report at this time. I'm still sitting on my thumb. Even my wife and kids have commented on how unlike me this is. Just lost all motivation on this car.

And you thought I would forget!

You are sadly mistaken my friend !!!
I need an update ...... or I'm headed your way.

It's NOT going to be pretty ..... You asshole!!! [ I remember your friend in the chair]

SO when is dinner?

Last edited:
And you thought I would forget!

You are sadly mistaken my friend !!!
I need an update ...... or I'm headed your way.

It's NOT going to be pretty ..... You asshole!!! [ I remember your friend in the chair]

SO when is dinner?

Yeah, I kinda thought you would. Lol Haven't even glued the seat riser in. This thing should've been on the road in May and Garry would've said that and more.

I'm off work from Dec 22nd to Jan 14th. It would be nice to use that time to do the interior and finish up minor details. Guess we'll see.

Well thanks to Indy, who has remotivated me to work on my car. I have been out in the garage piddling on the car the last week & half checking off items on my to-do list. I have finally reached the point where I can put wiring off any longer. I also decided to put the fuse box under the dash for a few reasons. 1) I've never located one there and want to try it. 2) I want all the room under the seat for storage, change of cloths, ect. 3) The ignition & under dash harness for this wiring kit are too short to reach from seat to dash without splicing in longer wires. Not a big deal but I'm feeling lazy and don't really like splicing main power wires. I also fixed my blinker switch issue by buying Speedway's hot rod column w/blinker, hazard & horn. I also decided to go 2" longer which puts my arms in a more comfortable position. What I will miss about the column I took out is the removable steering wheel. It sure made getting in and out easier. I also finalized my seating arrangement and angles. So with any luck I'll start pulling wires later today.

2019-01-10 07.21.10.jpg 2019-01-10 07.20.33.jpg 2019-01-10 08.15.22.jpg 2019-01-10 08.14.15.jpg

I mounted my under-dash fuse panel on a piece of quarter inch plywood attached to the firewall with a hinge, and a cabinet catch up behind the dashboard on the passenger side. It swings down for access to the fuses. ;)

I mounted my under-dash fuse panel on a piece of quarter inch plywood attached to the firewall with a hinge, and a cabinet catch up behind the dashboard on the passenger side. It swings down for access to the fuses. ;)

Cool! Have a picture of it?

Well thanks to Indy, who has remotivated me to work on my car.
Your welcome, looking forward to seeing you next Monday Sir !

Love your pics, they are so nice, clear and well lighted !

Seriously mean it Indy. You have built a much needed fire under my a$$. Really looking forward to meeting you Monday as well. Lunch is on me. :thumbsup:

And thank you, I try my best on the pictures. I edit them on my phone and upload them as a file from my phone. It irritates me when I'm looking at a photo that isn't good or too grainy and I can't see the detail. I like to study pictures and pick out the fine details.

Heres a current shot of wiring. I've sperated the circuits and getting ready to pull them down into the frame.

2019-01-10 19.07.53.jpg 2019-01-10 19.08.19.jpg

Seriously mean it Indy. You have
built a much needed fire under my a$$. Really looking forward to meeting you Monday as
well. Lunch is on me. :thumbsup:
By the time I get there, I should only see a couple of wires left needing attention. That way
I can claim glory for finishing the wiring project. :sneaky: I'm a sucker for anything free, but I
hope that it costs me something, or I will useless and a failure to society! Maybe we should
order in and have a working lunch and a beer !

And thank you, I try my best on the
pictures. I edit them on my phone and upload them as a file from my phone. It irritates me
when I'm looking at a photo that isn't good or too grainy and I can't see the detail. I like to
study pictures and pick out the fine details.
Yes....Yes....Yes .... if someone is hoping to get some help and no one can tell what's in the
photo, then it's usually a lost cause. If they don't care to take the time, then why should I.

Here's a current shot of wiring. I've
separated the circuits and getting ready to pull them down into the frame.
Have you thought about some braided sleeving to protect those wires? I will bring all I have
with me Monday.

By the time I get there, I should only see a couple of wires left needing attention. That way
I can claim glory for finishing the wiring project. :sneaky: I'm a sucker for anything free, but I
hope that it costs me something, or I will useless and a failure to society! Maybe we should

That's my goal and I'm ok with you taking credit. Makes no difference to me. Your the one that got me motivated again. Their are plenty of guys out there already taking credit for cars I built. I no longer need my ego fluffed. Lol

You'll earn your meal. Their are plenty that are already a drain on society and I think you are safe. I'm tired of footing the bill on all of it. I've got my own family to take care of.

I'm ok with ordering a pizza but I don't do beer much anymore. Be glad to go out and get you some tho. Just tell me what you like

Yes....Yes....Yes .... if someone is hoping to get some help and no one can tell what's in the
photo, then it's usually a lost cause. If they don't care to take the time, then why should I.

Agreed

Have you thought about some braided sleeving to protect those wires? I will bring all I have
with me Monday.

No. Normally don't use any. Inside frame has been washed out, blown out and treated with linseed oil. Old trick learned from dope & fab planes with steel tube frames. Holes were drilled and deburred prior to that. Wires will enter & exit through grommets. Good might need some of it.

That's my goal and I'm ok with you taking credit. Makes no difference to me. Your the one that got me motivated again. Their are plenty of guys out there already taking credit for cars I built them. I no longer need my ego fluffed. Lol You'll earn your meal. Their are plenty that are already a drain on society and I think you are safe. I'm tired of footing the bill on all of it. I've got my own family to take care of. I'm ok with ordering a pizza but I don't do beer much anymore. Be glad to go out and get you some tho. Just tell me what you like.

Agreed. I simply don't reply much because I type slow, am too windy so it takes even longer, am not elequint or pc and phone can't spell.

with me Monday.

No. Normally don't use any. Inside frame has been washed out, blown out and treated with linseed oil inside. Old trick learned from dope & fab planes with steel tube frames. Holes were drilled and deburred inside & out prior to that. Wires will enter & exit through grommets. Good might need some of it.

Fixed reply. Finally figured out the multi quote thing. Yet another reason not to reply. Lol

I'm ok with ordering a pizza but I don't do beer much anymore. Be glad to go out and get you some tho. Just tell me what you like.
Eating in or out is fine with me, I'm easy! We can play it by ear if you like. No need to get beer just for me.

Sounds good. Hopefully by the time you leave wiring will be complete. Once that is done I can build the trans cooler lines, add fluids, headers and she should be ready to fire up. Still need to take my frame for glass and set toe before she is road worthy. I think I am going to have a new drive shaft made as well. Don't really care for the speedway unit I bought. Might try a graphite shaft this time. We have a local company that builds awesome shafts and are very reasonably priced. Only got the speedway shaft for convenience.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back