Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Titles in Florida and elsewhere

I found the exact law on the Florida books below. Looks encouraging.

Title XXIII

MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 319
TITLE CERTIFICATES

319.14 Sale of motor vehicles registered or used as taxicabs, police vehicles, lease vehicles, rebuilt vehicles, nonconforming vehicles, custom vehicles, or street rod vehicles; conversion of low-speed vehicles.—
12. “Street rod” means a motor vehicle that:
a. Is of a model year of 1948 or older or was manufactured after 1948 to resemble a vehicle of a model year of 1948 or older; and
b. Has been altered from the manufacturer’s original design or has a body constructed from nonoriginal materials.
The model year and year of manufacture that the body of a street rod resembles is the model year and year of manufacture listed on the certificate of title, regardless of when the vehicle was actually manufactured.

What do you do for the “physical address” requirement? A postal store?
The business I registered here in Florida did not require that I live here (even though I do). I would think other states are similar. If you pay your fees, they probably don't care what state you actually live in.

My T was registered as a 81 roadster in NC , kind of looks like i have to do the same in FL , will call the PD soon to have them
read the VIN #

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back