Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Torsion bars

smokeyco75

Hello everyone! I am new here but have had my hands into building two C cabs and one t bucket so far among other rods. I am curious that I don't see anyone running torsion bars on the front end. I had a shop teacher in high school who did this with his and it really cleaned up the front end. no buggy spring or shackles, just friction shocks and steering components were visible. I still remember the parts we used so I am thinking of doing this on my build. Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? I plan on using a RPM stretched body but undecided on the frame. I was a welder for fifteen years but don't have a welder now since changing careers. If RPM will build the frame to my specs (haven't talked yet) it would be cheaper than buying a welder and everything I will need to build a frame than it would to buy and ship a frame even all the way from California to here in Florida.

If you are after a clean simple look it can be obtained with the simple use of quarter elliptic springs. If you'll notice the springs are hardly visible. Check the photo below.

Jim

Very nice looking front end. We hid the torsion bars inside the frame rails and connected them to the axle using friction shocks. No need for a panhard bar either.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back