Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tows busting my stones...

I dont have a garage, But I do have a rather large shed 12X24' The shed sits on 15 wooden piers 6"x6" by 6" so the floor is about 24" above grade. And with no large door it would be very tuff to get the bucket in the shed, even though I'm sure the floor would support it.

So I bought one of these big tents and set it up two years ago, Thersday I get a letter from the town... I need to get a zoning permit, and then get a building permit... for a tent. But due to the size of my lot I wuld also have to apply for a variance. Add it all up its going to be about $500 .... For a tent, as much as I paid for the tent. Makes a man want to take up :thumb:

All Ive got to saw to the town :flip:

Sorry guys just had to rant a bit...

I dont have a garage, But I do have a rather large shed 12X24' The shed sits on 15 wooden piers 6"x6" by 6" so the floor is about 24" above grade. And with no large door it would be very tuff to get the bucket in the shed, even though I'm sure the floor would support it.

So I bought one of these big tents and set it up two years ago, Thersday I get a letter from the town... I need to get a zoning permit, and then get a building permit... for a tent. But due to the size of my lot I wuld also have to apply for a variance. Add it all up its going to be about $500 .... For a tent, as much as I paid for the tent. Makes a man want to take up :thumb:

All Ive got to saw to the town :flip:

Sorry guys just had to rant a bit...

Freedom to do as you choose, with your own property, is now the great American myth.

Depending on what your shed is used for now, what about cutting in a garage door in one end. Then building a couple of ramps. Then you wouldn't need the tent or the permit. Or plan B you could move to a different area. :thumb:

I know exactly what you mean, I argued with the town of indep mo for two years got turned down twice for building permits because of an easement along one side of my property the corner of the building would have been barely across the line I told them if thats yours then you mow it. I keep waiting for a letter from the city.I finally had to build on the other side of the house, had to get a contractor to do the job because the city don't like the homeowner to do anything.I also put up a 10foot x20foot tent so far no complaints. If I had the money I would move.

I had a run in with the city when I lived in town over the road easement. They said I had to take care between the sidewalk and the street.I was going to plant some corn in there to upset them But never did.

LOL Road easement... about 15 years ago the water and gas companies had to rebuild their lines in the neighborhood, dug up all the streets and had all kinds of equipment around, but no place to park it. Our town maintains a 30 foot easement, it cuts my house in half. My front yard is only 12 feet deep as are all the front yards for blocks around. :thumb: The whole mess ended up in a town meating with lots of yelling and screaming. Then went on to the state courts... In the end the town could enforce their easement, but they would have to buy every non-conforming lot in town. So every night they had to load up their equipment and haul it out.

When my house was built in 1804, Ohio had just been admitted as the 17th state, Thomas Jefferson was elected to his second term, Burr killed Hamilton in a duel, Lewis and Clark were off on there little trip, and the United States had just taken possession of the Louisiana Territory from Napolin

I have been thinking of hinging the end wall of the shed, and with a set of ramps storing the car inside. Or maybe its just time to bite the bullit and build that garage I want, yea it would be a lot of :flip: with the town.... but how bad can it be? My house is granfatered.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back