Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tri Power choices - Holly verses FITech

MNTBucket

Hi everyone . It's cold and snowing here in Minnesota and I am contemplating upgrading my SBC with an Edelbrock manifold and 4 barrel setup to a TriPower. The Edelbrock is nice but I would like get a better look with a Weiand dual plane medium rise manifold and either the Holly tri power they released about 2 years ago or FITech Tripower fuel injection kit. I know the FITech is a bit more expensive but I am wondering if tuning it would be easier rather than replacing jets in the Hollies. My SBC has cam (Melling MTC-1) for low end power as my 10 bolt gearing is 3.08. It cruises real nice at 60+ @ 2kRPM but isn't all that snappy off the line. I am also contemplating re-gearing to as much as 3.73. I would appreciate your thoughts if it would be worth the extra money to go with the FITech setup. Happy Holidays!

I'm in MN too. I run the FAST EFI and love it. Self-tunes with the O2 sensor and you can fiddle with it with the touchscreen remote. I imagine FiTech is similar.

Most tri powers only use the idle circuit on the primary carb, the secondary’s are just dump carbs either progressively staggered or simultaneously. My experience is mainly with Rochester 2g carbs but it ran well and was relatively easy to set up and tune on a built Pontiac. Once setup, it required very little maintenance, less than a Holley four barrel.

Thanks for the insight. Nice to hear there are others in snowy cold Minnesota mines up north near Park Rapids. So far it seems to be worth the money to go with FITech. Hmm, now do I rethink tri power verses two 4 Barrels and a tunnel ram. I really like the tri power look and I have an air cleaner picked solution out that would be cool . I also need to figure out the gearing . 373 seems like a better option for it. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the insight. Nice to hear there are others in snowy cold Minnesota mines up north near Park Rapids. So far it seems to be worth the money to go with FITech. Hmm, now do I rethink tri power verses two 4 Barrels and a tunnel ram. I really like the tri power look and I have an air cleaner picked solution out that would be cool . I also need to figure out the gearing . 373 seems like a better option for it. Thanks for the info!
I love tunnels but they are not as street friendly. A dual plane tri power would be very drivable and perform well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back