Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Trick T of the Century" in Rod & Custom, built by ...

YblockT

"Trick T of the Century" in Rod & Custom, built by Ted Brown

I'm a big Ted Brown fan, not only for his having designed and built one of our most iconic T-buckets but also for his contributions to the success of many of the supercharged gassers I loved in the 60s and 70s. In perusing my old magazine collection recently my mental cobwebs were cleared when I eyed the cover of the August, 1968 issue of Rod & Custom.
scan0004.jpg

There was that rakish-looking T-bucket and on the inside there was a nice two-page spread titled "Trick T of the Century".
T1.JPG

That T-bucket Ted built has stood the test of time and the pictures look just as cool today as when it was recognized 41 years ago by the Rod & Custom editors.
Ted1a.JPG
Ted5.JPG

Ted6.JPG
Ted3.JPG

Ted4.JPG
Ted7.JPG

Ted8.JPG
Ted2.JPG

I guess it's not surprising that then, as now, Ted likes to drive the buckets he builds!
By the way, that big "T" logo in the magazine spread is actually a photo taken from outside the unique T-bucket top Ted designed and built.
It's really an honor, as well as fun and interesting, to have Ted as an active member of our group!

yes it is, and i like the pictures in his myspace page, of the ladies and the cars..:lol:

Ted is the Man FO_SHO i need to check out his ms page HUM

Ted is a legend in the t bucket industry.

41 years ago??? Where does the time go??? Well I finally noticed a small crack in my paint behind my top bow body mount, doesn't seem to be all the way through, and come to think about this, If I remember right, I think that is where the rear section of the body gets glassed in after is out of the mold... Whats crazy to think about, these bodies only cost $75 back then... If I could go back in the time machine, that is as far back as I would love to go, I really loved those Days, Loose cars and fast Women, is what I had on the back of my T for a few years when I had a wild paint job, mostly to see if they would also copy that color, well those colors, the new kids on the block went for them on their late model rides... I told Dave and Dennis, watch and see what happens, they were not too surprised, but I was in the group that did... Thanks for the kind words... Happy cruisin... :lol:

Ted the best i can tell My T seems to be a time machine because i feal like a 16 year old again when i am in it. Except this time i have gas money.!!!

Who was that young guy in the photo Ted?A stand in?

Rick go to his myspace page and look at Ted with his Fro and saturday night fever outfit. shhhh keep your voice down so Ted doesnt hear us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did real 60's there.I had to change that post sorry Ted just playing around.

My Dad got a new philsophy late in life "Becarefull who you are mean to they may be the one emptying your bed pan"
RoosterSr Last verse Last chapter

rooster57 said:
Rick go to his myspace page and look at Ted with his Fro and saturday night fever outfit. shhhh keep your voice down so Ted doesnt hear us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, That hair dooooo was done by my Wife's Sister, she was doing hair at the time, so I gave in and let her do mine, never again hehe but it was fun for a short time... So was that marriage :) a short bit of HEAVEN...:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back