Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

U-joint fo VW box [72 bus]

digger

Help!!!
I am helping a guy build a rod a 37 ford model Y [shrunken 34!] we need a Universal joint for the box it has a 3/4 inch diameter shaft with 72 splines, borgeson and flaming river cant help and neither can speedway.

Has anyone on here used this box and has any answers, please help we are running out time to get it on the road.

Cheers.

digger said:
Help!!!
I am helping a guy build a rod a 37 ford model Y [shrunken 34!] we need a Universal joint for the box it has a 3/4 inch diameter shaft with 72 splines, borgeson and flaming river cant help and neither can speedway.

Has anyone on here used this box and has any answers, please help we are running out time to get it on the road.

Cheers.

Get the old shaft end and turn it down to a dimention to be determined by what Borgeson has for the id then cut it to 2 inches long press it on your steering box input shaft then push the Borgeson universal on mark it then take it off drill and tap a 1/4 20 hole through the universal AND the new bushing.You will need to put a flat on the input shaft so the uni doesn't turn when you don't want it to. Put it back on tighten it up and down the road you go.

Rick, I didn't know you were so darn smart. I'm sure glad you and I are buddys.:lol::lol:

thomas:)

I had to do this with my very first t-bucket.Regardless of smart i'm glad your my friend buddy

Rick said:
Get the old shaft end and turn it down to a dimention to be determined by what Borgeson has for the id then cut it to 2 inches long press it on your steering box input shaft then push the Borgeson universal on mark it then take it off drill and tap a 1/4 20 hole through the universal AND the new bushing.You will need to put a flat on the input shaft so the uni doesn't turn when you don't want it to. Put it back on tighten it up and down the road you go.

Cheers Rick, thats what I thought we would end up doing!

Digger

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back