Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ultra fun 23 build lol

dan nichols

hi all im dan from small town indiana lol. been building a tbucket that i have had a vision of in my head for a long time. i will be posting some pics of the progress i have to date. hopefully i will be ready to drive this coming spring. been working on it for the past year and a half maybe longer lol. i have never posted to this sight but am on here looking at different info almost daily there are alot of talented people out in the world for sure i will try and post pics as i have a ton of them but not sure how to do it quite yet.

i know its starting to get cold here in indiana and my work area is a small garage with little heat so i have been trying to get as much done that money allows before snow hits.

I went to the tbucket nationals in indy this past summer and met alot of very nice people there and say alot of very nice cars for sure

there are alot of older guys in my area that have model a fords and a few model t fords but not many t buckets most people are into 60s and 70s era cars for sure.

i am east of indy about an hour in the dublin/cambridge city area close to the ohio side near i 70 im going to try and post some pics this evening if i can figure out how to do it

:)
Is it 1/4 epi's all round?

WOW! You have one GREAT start, I can hardly wait to see it completed.

Jim

P.S. You picture is great, keep them coming.

the front suspension is a quarter eliptic that i made ford a model a ford spring that i cut in half. and made the mounts and top rod it has a high arch model a ford rear spring that i took leafs out of to make it as soft as i could the body is from cromwell molding company out of minnisota it was the cheapest option at the time but i have many many hours of body work to get it half way looking decent. the wheels are 1935 ford that i spent a week stripping and and sand blasting to paint.I tried to go for a 30s style hotrod look and i think it fits the part im not liking the front disc brake setup as it puts the wheels really wide so i might switch them out. i have tried to make every piece on the car i could to keep cost down i think all in all im at about 4 grand total and hope to finish for another 500

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back