Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Unusual front ends

choppinczech

I really like some of the less than run of the mill front ends out there. Ex Junk, Gerry, and Potvinguy have some cool set ups. If you've got pics of some, please post them up.

Here's one I came across. It looks like the steering box is mounted up side down. Allowing the frame to hang real low.

1500.jpg

A larger picture would reveal cantilevered shocks, raised front end mount, and the steering box.

I think the steering box was flipped for clearance reasons because the front end mount was raised.

John

That's really interesting, any more pics?

My old buld buddy's T, now in his son ownership and being brought back from a 15 years rest. Split tube front axle, gives a kinda independent front end. Not very common but gives the look of a tube axle but with each end moving independently. Early 70s thing I think.

G

That's really interesting, any more pics?G

That's all. It was in an eBay seller's listing for the pitman arms.

I bet this rides and handles nice.

front end.jpg

Heres mine
7A50B501-CB2D-4E15-844D-55F63D93A661_zpsrukxsqbv.jpg

Without Rad and Shell

CDF7853E-5F78-46BC-8CDF-9633CC826D2B_zpsu95koypz.jpg

Top Pick

004ABDB4-289D-4950-988E-FE0BB7158154_zpse7adb8vl.jpg

Cant wait to be done with glass to really clean the garage out.

Here's one with torsion bars running through the frame rails.

torsion bars.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

2-jpg.12038
This is the setup that Ted Brown wanted to do to make a Bucket road worthy for long highway trips. He wanted the front spring to go from kingpin to kingpin and long leaves in the rear parallel with frame and the frame under slung the front and rear axles. Age and medical problems prevented him from his objective before he died. RIP

Sadly missed, Ted. Upset a lot but boy he knew his Buckets.

I read many posts by him. He was full of info. I didn't always agree with his points, but always appreciated his effort and experience. He will be missed.

I remember seeing this on the HAMB. I think the guy's name was CORPO?

It has a ton of custom made parts.

I'd like to see pics of this showing the WHOLE frt. end ..
dave

Here's another one with torsion bars running down the frame rails. From what I can find it was built by Tom Booth and called "Torsion T".

torsion T.jpg
mag.jpg

Featured in Doris Day's 1968 movie ''With Six You Get Eggroll''.

egg.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back