Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Vega Steering Box Arm

fluidfloyd

Anyone here happen to know what the Vega steering box OEM factory steering arm length is? This would be a early to mid 70s Vega with manual steering. The idler link is 6" and the box I was sent had a 5 1/4" steering arm. Box is a rebuilt aluminum Flaming River. Building a new front suspension and need a front steer Vega style assembly. I won't be back into my shop till next weekend and I am trying to get the front end designed and run through a program that will give me correct placement of all pivoting points. long story and not T related but I will fill you in once I get it worked out. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

George

As close as I can measure, the steering arm on my Vega box is 6 1/4" center to center.

Jim

As close as I can measure, the steering arm on my Vega box is 6 1/4" center to center.

Jim

Thanks Jim. That sounds about right. I think Pete & Jakes have one in that range. I'll dig up my catalog and take a look. I do know that it is dropped or offset at the small end. I need to get a real good measurement on the idler arm next trip to the shop. Thought I was going up this AM but plans change! Thanks again.

George

Speedway makes a non-offset arm if that would help . . .
Vega Pitman Arm - Drilled for 5/8 Bolt

Spanky...
I have to have the tapered hole per OEM but using Mustang II tie rod ends. Converting a after market Mustang II from a R&P to a front steer conventional steering box much like the Vega. Long story and I really can't talk about it just yet. I can say that Mike the founder of this forum would have approved. Probably looking down as we speak. It is what it is! Thanks for your input.

George

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back