Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What are you drivin/buildin besides a Bucket T

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
T buckets are my first love but people been askin what I'm workin on now so ..... here it is

31mockup004.jpg

31mockup003.jpg

31mockup001.jpg

31mockup002.jpg

A brief discription
"31 Cebby x-2ton cab, hood and shell
handbuilt 10ga. frame
Super Bell dropped axle & hairpins
8"Ford rear
SBC/350 hydro
handmade 16ga. box

Hopin to have it runnin by May (fingers crossed).

Ron

I'm not building any hot rods right now, but here are my other 2 toys. The 46 has been in storage for the last couple of years due to me finishing and using the T. It needs a little freshening up. I've got it in the shop right now.

medium46.jpg

DragonMC.jpg

This is my wife and I on US129 "The Tail of the Dragon" in Tenn.

I would love to be building another car. I have a few ideas, but one of the other cars is going to have to go to new home before any serious building is going to happen.
Mike

Well Mr Youngster, I will agree with the first love been my Bucket, but I also adore other types of rods and your pickup looks fantastic.
And Mr 46, that coupe looks excellent too,so what does it need in the way of a tidy up, wipe the dust off it???? :rolleyes: And the photo of you and your wife is amazing on your bike,you didn't have too much more ground clearance from the angle of the photograph.
The only other ride I have is my daily driver which is a 1995 BMW coupe which is swollowing up any little money I get at the moment just keeping it on the road. European cars are so expensive to maintain down here. And yes,it is not worthy of a photograph.

Whiplash

That's an older picture of the 46. It's been on the road for about 14 years and had a "temporary" interior in it for all that time. My kids practically grew up in the back seat and I never saw the need to finish the inside. That way I didn't have to fuss at them about spills or other kid stuff. The paint and bumpers are getting a little long in the tooth and the Flowmaster muflers have really gotten annoying on long trips (guess I'm getting old). It has a pretty bad leak on the trans, too. I might just swap in an overdrive.

Mike

That's gona be cool Ron. are you gona fit inside the cab? my buddie has a really nice 31 truck but man it's small in that cab. people must have been shorter back in the 30s :rolleyes:

Here's our 31 rumble seat coupe. it currently has all Pinto running gear and suspension, but a Buick 215 and T-10 4 speed will be going in sometime this winter if I ever get the time.
378303504.jpg

This is my Northstar powered IMSA Fiero. I hardly ever drive it or it's SBC sister since I came over to the [hot rod] side :rolleyes:
375590838.jpg

We need more toys :hoist:

Russ

Some of you may be aware of my other car but here is a link to it.

http://www.cruisenewsonline.com/37ChevyExSedan/37ChevyExSedan-Feature.html

There are a couple of other projects that are on my list that belong to my older son, Chuck. One is a VW bug and here is a link to it.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/557282180hvczym

The other car that he has started is a '32 Dearborne Deuce and here are some pictures of it.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

As you can see, that even though I personally don't have any projects, I do have my son's projects that I will be helping in a great way.

Jim

1991 Cushman truck converted to full electric
1997 Ford T-bird
2000 Ford F350 4X4 crew cab dually diesel
2001 Ford Excursion diesel
2007 Ford Mustang
2010 Smart electric

and of course 1923 Track T, currently swapping out Muncie M20 4 speed for a TKO 600 .64 overdrive 5 speed.

Bob

The Chebby has been a 2 year projecy off and on. Thes trucks are a good project for problem solvers. Everytime you turn around you run smack dab into a new one. The cabs where wood framed with a metal skin. All that has been replaced with 7/8", 16ga, tube now. I learned not to take anything for granted on this truck. One door is %/16" longer than the other. Hummm quality control????

There should be plenty of room for the owner, he's 5'5" and 140#. You are right though Russ, they don't have a lot of extra room.

Ron

The Chebby has been a 2 year projecy off and on. Thes trucks are a good project for problem solvers. Everytime you turn around you run smack dab into a new one. The cabs where wood framed with a metal skin. All that has been replaced with 7/8", 16ga, tube now. I learned not to take anything for granted on this truck. One door is %/16" longer than the other. Hummm quality control????

There should be plenty of room for the owner, he's 5'5" and 140#. You are right though Russ, they don't have a lot of extra room.

Ron

Yup I love them old Chev's I was going to ask what you did about the wood. Looking forward to seeing that one complete. I would love nothing more then to take a early 30's chev pickup and mount it on a 4x4 s10 chassis and drive it year round :D

Oh and I am now driving a 2010 Sierra pickup. It replaced my 95 Sonoma.

I built this Speedster replica 20+ years ago.....it's an ongoing project. Also built the red pull car for our east coast grandson and one just like it in yellow with red trim for our west coast grandson.

AJscarandSpeedster2.jpg

http://rides.webshot...557282180hvczym

DSC_0092.jpg

I have been resisting this for as long as I can. You know I am 100% T Bucket. But thats so pretty i could marry it. In flat black it looks like it was born to be.
Gerry

I have a 64 Falcon pro touring car I am building as well as a 56 Ford 2dr sedan I like to bomb around in.

Jay: Let me just say that I like your style. That Falcon is gonna be awesome!

My first car was a '65 Falcon Ranchero---Damn I miss that car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back