Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What Can $1500.00 Buy?

FordTBucketKid11

Just like the Title said what all will 1500.00 Buy me right know. I know its not much but what all will it buy as of know.. I am building as Money comes in and right know this is what i have!! I am still in the planning stages..Any input would be AWSOME..

Steven

I can tell you where I'm at now... I've only dealt with RPM. I bought the frame fully welded with all tabs and brackets (except motor and trans) and front shock/headlight mount welded on plus extended 10" for $450, Then I bought his Front end kit for $399, and Spindles for $150. I picked up a S-10 3.73 Rearend and T5 trans on Craigslist for $150 for both in Muscle Shoals. So far... I'm still under $1500...

If you don't mind driving up to a bit past Knoxville you can save on shipping... Besides you get to meet Ron (Nice Guy) and see his cool Bucket... Just remember he's eastern time and drives a School Bus if you go on a weekday, so leave a little early...

My budget is limited since my wife lost her job in the summer... So, I basically order what parts I can afford as I get extra cash... I'm looking to order the rear radius rod kit from RPM at the end of this month. I started by buying the Frame back in June... It might take me 10 years to get it together, but I'm enjoying it...

Buy your expensive items first like the body,radiator and headers. That way you can mock the project up with some rollers for rims and tires and start filling the gaps with the cheaper parts. If you can find a dummy block and trans case it makes handling a lot easier.

Ron

You can get everything you need for a rolling chassis (using cheapo termporary wheels & tires or plywood discs) for $1500. That would keep you busy for awhile, as there is quite a bit of detail work in assembling and rigging the chassis, especially in the brake system. If you are going to fab your own frame, you really should have the body on hand to ensure proper layout of the frame for your particular brand of body. Each brand is a little different.

look through all the ads thereare alot of buckets out there that guys lost interest in and are will to part with them cheap justkeep looking and don't give up

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back