Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

what has happened to the website?! - SOLVED

PotvinGuy

Staff member
Today the website looks different. And the Electrical forum has disappeared! And there are long empty rows between posts. Has something been done, or is my PC going crazy??

They're going with a different host and the new board still has a few bugs to work out. Once its finished it will all be good. :lol:

Part of the problem you are experiencing is your browser has cached all the stylesheets from the old vBulletin format. When you visit the new Invision format, nothing matches up and your browser wants to put the rods out.

Depending on your operating system and browser, there are different ways to get everything working properly again.

In Windows (with some browsers), try holding down your Ctrl key and then tap the F5 key. That will perform a hard-refresh of your browser. Some browsers will do the same by merely tapping the F5 key. If you want to make sure you are starting with a clean slate, follow these instructions -

Point your browser to a site other than the forums
Now clear everything in your browser's cache
Once that procedure is complete, close the browser down
Re-open the browser and revisit the forums

As for the Electrical forum, it's right where it's always been. I just double-checked the permissions on that forum and everyone should be seeing it.

Part of the problem you are experiencing is your browser has cached all the stylesheets from the old vBulletin format. When you visit the new Invision format, nothing matches up and your browser wants to put the rods out.

Depending on your operating system and browser, there are different ways to get everything working properly again.

In Windows (with some browsers), try holding down your Ctrl key and then tap the F5 key. That will perform a hard-refresh of your browser. Some browsers will do the same by merely tapping the F5 key. If you want to make sure you are starting with a clean slate, follow these instructions -

Point your browser to a site other than the forums
Now clear everything in your browser's cache
Once that procedure is complete, close the browser down
Re-open the browser and revisit the forums

As for the Electrical forum, it's right where it's always been. I just double-checked the permissions on that forum and everyone should be seeing it.

Thanks, Mike. I tried all your ideas, several times, and nothing changed. I even cleared cookies, ran a virus scan and cold-booted the PC. Still only see 5 forums (no electrical), long blank spaces between posts, and some of the forums topics won't even open. Am I the only one with these problems?

We had 133 members online yesterday, with who knows how many unregistered guests. 68 members have logged in already today. I've not heard either of these complaints from anyone else.

For the record, I've been on and off the site over the last 28 hours with -

2 completely different ISPs
5 different computers - 2 PC's on Windows, 1 PC running Linux Mint, 1 PC running Ubuntu Linux and 1 iMac running OS X & Ubuntu Linux
Windows XP running IE Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari
Mac OS X running Firefox, Opera and Safari
Ubuntu Linux running Epiphany, Firefox and Opera
Linux Mint running Firefox and Opera

I'm not seeing anything as you describe, with any of these ISPs/computers/operating systems/browsers. :thumb: I can't fix a problem I can't duplicate.

I'm willing to wager you are trying to view the site with Internet Explorer and possibly an out-dated version at that. IE 8 works considerably better than its predecessors, but it still struggles to render XHTML-compliant code. If you're using IE, try downloading either Firefox or Opera and see how things work.

I think he is saying he only sees 5 forums under the "shop" group. Thats all I see as well, I do not see and electrical forum either.

As for the large spacing, If you look at his first post, you will see a bunch of "White space" due to the avatar, group, post count, location.

I could be out to lunch on that but that is the only thing that makes sense. I cannot figure out the topic thing though.

I think he is saying he only sees 5 forums under the "shop" group. Thats all I see as well, I do not see and electrical forum either.

As for the large spacing, If you look at his first post, you will see a bunch of "White space" due to the avatar, group, post count, location.

I could be out to lunch on that but that is the only thing that makes sense. I cannot figure out the topic thing though.

That's right, Keeper, it is under the SHOP group. I was posting to the electrical forum last week, but it is not there now. I'm using IE8 now, and will try another browser and let all know what happens.

That's right, Keeper, it is under the SHOP group. I was posting to the electrical forum last week, but it is not there now. I'm using IE8 now, and will try another browser and let all know what happens.

I just tried Opera and still no electrical forum.

I just tried Opera and still no electrical forum.
Well, just to add my two cents worth, two days ago I clicked on to this site and it came up that
my computer could not find the server for this site. Turns out the original site was "The T-bucket forum" It is now listed under "T-bucket forum"
Just one little word can change everything. Nice to be back, John

Thanks, Mike. I tried all your ideas, several times, and nothing changed. I even cleared cookies, ran a virus scan and cold-booted the PC. Still only see 5 forums (no electrical), long blank spaces between posts, and some of the forums topics won't even open. Am I the only one with these problems?

I'm in the same boat. Exactly the same problems except some of the posts are vertical instead of horizonal.

I'm in the same boat. Exactly the same problems except some of the posts are vertical instead of horizonal.

I just tried Firefox and Opera again. Still no electrical forum,, etc. And I have seen the vertical posts too.

Mike, they are right about the missing "electrical" sub forum in the shop area. Some of my first posts were made there concerning rewiring my bucket. I later asked about modular connectors so I could simply unplug the dashboard when I needed to remove it.

How'zaboutnow?

When everyone was talking about the electrical forum, I was plainly seeing the electrical articles forum. :laugh: As soon as I saw someone mention it was in the Shop category, I saw the problem.

As for the text and white space issues, I'll try to fix it as soon as I can see it. If someone would be so kind as to attach a screenshot where I can see BOTH the issue AND the URL it is occurring on, I'll get to work.

I've now tested the site with the following browsers and I am unable to re-create the errors.

Firefox 3.5.5 - 2 PC's on Windows XP SP3 on a Comcast connection, one PC on Ubuntu, one PC on Linux Mint and an iMac on both Ubuntu and OS X, all on a Verizon connection.

Internet Exploder 8 - 2 PC's on Windows XP SP3 on a Comcast connection

Internet Exploder 7 - 1 iMac running Parallels under OS X on a Verizon connection

Safari 4 - 1 PC on Windows XP SP3 on a Comcast connection, 1 iMac on OS X on a Verizon connection

Opera 9 - 1 PC on Windows XP SP3 on a Comcast connection

Opera 10 - 1 PC on Windows XP SP3 on a Comcast connection, 1 PC on Ubuntu, 1 PC on Linux Mint and an iMac on both Ubuntu and OS X, all on a Verizon connection

Amaya 11 - 1 PC running Ubuntu on a Verizon connection

Epiphany - 1 PC running Ubuntu on a Verizon connection

Konqueror - 1 PC running Ubuntu on a Verizon connection

Lynx - 1 PC running Ubuntu on a Verizon connection

This was the third of four forums converted (the last was converted just this morning) and none of the members on any of the three other sites are reporting any problems.

I'm not saying you're not seeing what you're seeing, I'm just saying no one else is seeing what you're seeing.

If any of you are trying to view the site on Internet Exploder 6, I can almost guarantee you will see problems of one kind or another until you step into the Modern Era. If you will look through these threads, you will see people highly recommending Firefox 3.5.5 and I am one of them. It is free, it is stable and it works very well.

I've tested things as best as I know how and everything is working for me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back