Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What is a "Typical" T-Bucket ride height?

i set mine up for 5 inches of oil pan clearance but now that everything has settled i have more like 4 inches should clear most things
Since I originally lived in Northeast Ohio before retiring I know what bad roads are like, believe me! That is why I sprung for the Slam-Gard pan even though the roads here are really smooth. With my 3" of clearance I've no problems at all as I stated in an earlier post on this topic.

Jim

I love the straight up steering column. I'm thinking of doing that to my car. What kind of steering box are you using? Do you have any pictures showing how it is mounted?

Umm, there should be a thread somewhere on the steering set up. I don't have a steering box, its rack and pinion. Ths pic may help, but its not easy unless you can do a lot of original fabrication and research.

Steering oct 08 (16) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Steering-oct-08-(23) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).jpg

I love the straight up steering column. I'm thinking of doing that to my car. What kind of steering box are you using? Do you have any pictures showing how it is mounted?
I took that stuff off of mine. Let me know if you decide to go that route and I will get some pics together for you to see if they interest you.

Here are a couple of pics that are close to what you are wanting. Pardon the
quality of the pics its been sitting for 10 years when these per taken, I took
them in a dark garage and did some extreme PhotoShop editing. Let me know,
I can get more pics from under the car.

SteeringGearBoxMount_0005.jpg
SteeringGearBoxMount_0005.jpg
SteeringGearBoxMount_0009.jpg
SteeringArmExtendsThruBody_0009.jpg

Not really. Its a rack from a formula Ford racing car. Its based on the Triumph Herald unit from the 70s. The company that made it went out of business decades ago.
I did look at racks from the micro vans (called Rascals over here). Also the Smart Car ones are very small.

Sorry can't be of more help.
G

I think it is up to each builder.
Lots of different factors.
But a rule of thumb in Sweden is about 4" clearence to the pan at least.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back