Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What rear end ratio works?

old round fart

I just found out the differential in my 9” is a 28 spline axle. I need 31 to fit my new axles. If I have to change it out I may as well get a good ratio. My first car had a 3:08 in it but the blower overlooked that and was fine. My new car will have a big block and blower so what are you blown motor guys running?

4.46:1 with a 700R4 and 31" tires, but I think I will go back to 4.11. My normally aspirated T-buckets have 3.89:1 rear gears with the same size tires, TH350 trans. I think personal preference plays into this a lot. I have a friend who has a 4 cyl. engine in his t-bucket with 2.88:1 gears and he likes it, so go figure.

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s not like I need maximum performance from this. It’s a toy street car! I would be surprised if any real street car could do much with it.

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s not like I need maximum performance from this. It’s a toy street car! I would be surprised if any real street car could do much with it.

You will find out just how much of a toy you have the first time you put the pedal to the metal!!:whistling:

We have so much power/weight. You wanna do wheelstands? About the only difference I've noticed is mileage. I can put 2.20 in my QC for a road trip and then go lower around town if I want to blow off Corvettes. And of course I do...

This is not my first blown t bucket! I could stop on an entrance ramp to the expressway and wait for a car in the left lane to get next to me and mat it and get to 70 mph before they got to the front of my car! Lots of fun doing that!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back