Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What year Bucket?

tenbears

Hi everyone, I ran across a chance to buy a Henry steel bucket and my project is at the stage where I could switch bodies easily. Could anyone tell me the year of this bucket? It has the door/lid on the cowl meaning the gas tank was under the cowl and it has only the passenger door. I thought the door for the gas was a dead giveaway about the year but now I am not sure. Anybody know?
Mike

[quote name='50's Kid' timestamp='1300051744' post='131459']
Hi everyone, I ran across a chance to buy a Henry steel bucket and my project is at the stage where I could switch bodies easily. Could anyone tell me the year of this bucket? It has the door/lid on the cowl meaning the gas tank was under the cowl and it has only the passenger door. I thought the door for the gas was a dead giveaway about the year but now I am not sure. Anybody know?
Mike
[/quote]
Post a pic Mike it's hard to tell with out seeing it.

image363.jpg

snyders
Link to part website
If this where your tank is it looks like a 26 or 27

1926-Ford-Model-T-Coupe-Light-Green-dh.jpg

Thanks guys, the body is in Minnesota and I am still in Arizona. I will be leaving here on the first of April and hope the snow is gone then to look at it.As I remember seeing it once before, it also had a seperate turtle deck, but I am not sure if it belong with it.

The '26 and '27 had the gas tank in the cowl. before that they were under the seat.

The turtle deck on a '26 or '27 is nearly as wide as the body and come to the top of the back pannel. The early ones are around 30" wide and only come to within 6" of the top of the back pannel.

Ron

Hey Ron, Am anxious too look that body over but wondering if I should just stick with my Speedway tub. My windshield short stantions that I want to use probaly won't fit either. Again from memory the steel bucket looked the same size but won't know till I measure. Good to hear from you again.
Mike

Mike, you could use the bucket off the steel body on your chassis but the turtle deck would require a longer wheelbase. The windshield you have won't work either.

When are ya heading back up this way? I'd think you're nice and toasty by now.

Ron

Ron, We are headed north on the April 1 and yes we been in the sun probaly too much. I think I am going to stick with my original plan, the fiberglass body. The steel body actually belongs to my sister-in-law, i am going to post a picture of it when I get back cause I would like to know the year.

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back