Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

what year fenders?

i am going to build a vw-t with full fenders eventually. i have the fenders and i was wondering what year they are. they are the kind that the fronts are flat over the tire. i know they are a t style and i know they have these kinds and the ones that are round over the tire. i think the flat ones look a little more antique than the round ones. thanks for any replies.

a pic would really help...

i am going to build a vw-t with full fenders eventually. i have the fenders and i was wondering what year they are. they are the kind that the fronts are flat over the tire. i know they are a t style and i know they have these kinds and the ones that are round over the tire. i think the flat ones look a little more antique than the round ones. thanks for any replies.
Those flat topped front fenders ones definitely antique. Ford stopped using them in 1916.

Jim

thanks for the replies. i figured they were at least that old. the funny thing is, i see more of these than the round ones at all the swap meets i go to.

If you show some pics I can tell you what year they are. There was a change in the fenders from year to year. sutil changes but changes. I had a set that were between 1912 and 1914. There is bumps on some years that werent on others. I have a book with a picture of the different years. When they are side by side like they are in the book you can see the difference almost emiditly.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back