Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Whats it worth ? (yea, another one of these, i know, boooo)

sitting at a local shop, talked to the owner of the shop the other day and he said they took it as payment / partial payment from a customer that couldnt pay his bill.

Old farmers truck, belonged to the customer grand father who used it as a field car on the farm. No body panels past the door hinges, but what IS there is either original or rebuilt original. supposedly the 4 banger is rather fresh. Runs and drive to at least a field car standard (is standard the right word even?)

PICT0139.jpg

Grill: wrinkled on the lower driver side corner. repairable if you take the time, for $115 you can buy a new smoothed one in bare steal

hood pieces: nothing to beat up. sit on the car pretty flat, but the hinge area is stress cracking

Cowl: small rust holes in the bottom edge of the cowl sides. the big brown spots by the hinges are just bare metal and not rust holes. back part of the body was sawed off, didnt rust off. Dash, gauges, steering column and pedasl are all original. only a few extra holes in the firewall. There is still SOME floor wood that looks to be installed in an original fashion. Original ignition and key intact.

Rear bumper is broken at the frame tabs but included, didnt notice if it has tail lights on it

engine compartment: all belts, hoses, wires ect seam to be in place and in nice condition.

suspension: no damage to the axles / wishbones visable. all original. didnt notice any cracks anyplace. rims look straight. all pieces for the mechanical brakes look to be in place.

they want about $750 for it

You could always build a woody, out of it.

You could always build a woody, out of it.

actually, Im brainstorming ways to build a steel body for it. i think a trip to the junkyard could net us some ford e-150 van rear panels (aboev the taillights) that could be used for the rear cab corners if flipped side to side. plus enough material for the side panels behind the door and the rear cab wall

Then its doors, interior structure and figuring out a way to make a proper looking body line across the top edge. for the body line i might see what my neighbor has for a wood router setup, and have him make a male die that i can stuff in the press brake at work, along w/ some steel and a urethane pad

What you've found is the remains of a '28 or '29 coupe or tudor sedan. Around here it's worth $1000 give or take $200. That would be an excellent starter for a Speedster. Build a firewall to the original diamentins so you can run the stock hood, mount it on a piece of 3/4" marine plywood, shape a 18ga. cowl with a brace for the steering column, a pair of bomber buckets, a round gastank and a spare tire mount on the back. A leather skull cap, pair of goggles and a white silk scarf and drive the p&%# out of it!!!

This is a T based Speedster but you get the idea;

Attachments

• Fred\'s spdtr 001 (Small).jpg
    Fred\'s spdtr 001 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 31
  • Fred\'s spdtr 002 (Small).jpg
    Fred\'s spdtr 002 (Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 32

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back