Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wheels of Time T-bucket body

klif50

I have a T-bucket body that I bought as a Total Performance body. There were no tags of markings as to the manufacturer. It came with the body upholstered. When I finally got everything out I found a round sticker on the transmission hump that says "Wheels of Time". Anyone know if they built bodies? Google search comes up with a speedshop by that name but no mention of T-buckets so just taking a shot in the dark as I guess they could have been a TP dealer at one time or other.
The body has a 14 inch bed and there is no scrip or evidence of a scrip being sanded off on the tailgate.
Thanks,
Klif

Ok listen up Total guys.If you have ANY questions about the Total performance parts go to Jim at Wintec he was a main man there and can answer anything you need.Also he makes lots of Total parts that we all still wish we could find or always wanted.

On the back of the bed does the inscript say total? Were did you purchase the body ? here in eastern pa we have a car club calles wheels of time just doing a little detective work for ya

The back of the bed is smooth with no inscription. I got the bucket used, seller claimed it was a total kit but probably when he blanked on who made it I suggested Total and he jumped at that. I have the Total assembly manual and my frame (now unusable) was made of 2X4 stock with sloppy welds. The World of Wheels tag is a round tag with lots of it worn off stuck to the top of the transmission tunnel about 2 inches from the firewall. Pretty sure it's not a TP frame or body and the tag was the first markings I've found on it. The body is painted a metal flake purple and I believe that is the color it came from the manufacturer with. I know, quite a few years ago, you could order the bodies already painted and the metal flake purple was an option from several makers.
I'm waiting on a new rolling chassis from Spirit and have my engine and transmission already painted up and ready to drop in. The weather is holding up the shipping on the chassis for now but that's OK.
In my earlier post about this bucket I was asking people about the correct angle of the motor mounts and since I didn't have pictures I got some really weird answers. After looking at the Spirit and Speedway chassis I see how the motor mount is a cradle while mine were a single piece on each side, welded to the frame and sticking up about 4 inches above the frame with the engine tilted back (like something you might see in an altered race car) so I was talking one thing and everyone else was thinking about something else. As we started to strip things down we found some bad welds, the motor mounts weren't parallel on the frame, the front axle has a 1/4 inch twist that made the car sit uneven and every where that you would use a shim there was just a pile of thin washers. It was a real mish mash and it was cheaper to buy a new rolling chassis than to cut off all the old brackets, grind the frame and buy and mount new ones.
I'll post pictures when it's all together and ready to run.
Thanks for the help and detective work.

The back of the bed is smooth with no inscription. I got the bucket used, seller claimed it was a total kit but probably when he blanked on who made it I suggested Total and he jumped at that. I have the Total assembly manual and my frame (now unusable) was made of 2X4 stock with sloppy welds. The World of Wheels tag is a round tag with lots of it worn off stuck to the top of the transmission tunnel about 2 inches from the firewall. Pretty sure it's not a TP frame or body and the tag was the first markings I've found on it. The body is painted a metal flake purple and I believe that is the color it came from the manufacturer with. I know, quite a few years ago, you could order the bodies already painted and the metal flake purple was an option from several makers.
I'm waiting on a new rolling chassis from Spirit and have my engine and transmission already painted up and ready to drop in. The weather is holding up the shipping on the chassis for now but that's OK.
In my earlier post about this bucket I was asking people about the correct angle of the motor mounts and since I didn't have pictures I got some really weird answers. After looking at the Spirit and Speedway chassis I see how the motor mount is a cradle while mine were a single piece on each side, welded to the frame and sticking up about 4 inches above the frame with the engine tilted back (like something you might see in an altered race car) so I was talking one thing and everyone else was thinking about something else. As we started to strip things down we found some bad welds, the motor mounts weren't parallel on the frame, the front axle has a 1/4 inch twist that made the car sit uneven and every where that you would use a shim there was just a pile of thin washers. It was a real mish mash and it was cheaper to buy a new rolling chassis than to cut off all the old brackets, grind the frame and buy and mount new ones.
I'll post pictures when it's all together and ready to run.
Thanks for the help and detective work.

There is a web site for Wheels of Time http://www.wheelsoftime.org/home.shtml They have a 2000 plus car show late in August every year. Details are on the web site. Check their logo to see if your T attended one of their events.

Al

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back