Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

When did our location get taken away ?

putz

Our place we live was under our avatar which I thought was nice knowing where people are from.

Our place we live was under our avatar which I
thought was nice knowing where people are from.

Putz, I just checked mine and your's and it's still there.

yes they are still their

I must be blind like Putz. I don't see it anymore either.
(MAC os btw)
Russ

Yeah they used to be listed under your avatar on every post not just when you click on the persons info.

The information is all still there, but it's presented in a different manner.

location001.jpg

I thought we had touched on this back around the time of the conversion, but I can't seem to find the thread. Yes, this requires an additional click, to see a member's location. But presenting it via jQuery is one of the things that lets XenForo software run so much faster than what we've used previously.

Keeper, there is not a setting that will let me put them back. There are ways to edit templates to get some of that information to display, but it then requires those template edits to be made each time we update the forum software. And it will also slow down the threads page loads. So I'm resistant to making those edits. One of the positives we all found with XenForo is its speed and I just cannot convince myself to start adding bloat to slow things down.

I agree, it's nice to have information at your fingertips, but look at it from this angle. Let's say we have a thread with 25 posts. I've posted to it 13 times and Northstar T has posted to it 12 times. In the first two posts, you will see I'm in Lafayette, IN and he's in S.W. Oregon. But that page is going to load slower, because you're going to see those same locations in the subsequent 23 posts. With the set-up we now have, the information is right there, if you want/need to see it, but it doesn't slow the page load speeds down for those who don't want/need/care to know. It seems confusing when I read that bit, so if I'm confusing you too, sing out and I will try to come up with a better explanation.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back