Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where is this MC from???

Bill Griff

Hey guys,

The T that I am rebuilding has this master cylinder in it. Unfortunately, all the ones available place the pedal arm in the wrong location because they will interfere with the steering. In order to get a new one without a total redesign, I need to figure out where this one comes from. I think it comes from the 40's era, but not sure.

Thanks,

BillMaster Cylinder.JPG

Hey guys,

The T that I am rebuilding has this master cylinder in it. Unfortunately, all the ones available place the pedal arm in the wrong location because they will interfere with the steering. In order to get a new one without a total redesign, I need to figure out where this one comes from. I think it comes from the 40's era, but not sure.

Thanks,

BillView attachment 7786
Believe it is a early 50's chevy truck m/c

Bill,
whatever it is... It only has single hydraulic circuit. If you have a leak in the brake system you will have no brakes. There is a good reason that they switched to dual circuit master cylinders.

Bill,
whatever it is... It only has single hydraulic circuit. If you have a leak in the brake system you will have no brakes. There is a good reason that they switched to dual circuit master cylinders.

I agree 100%!!! What is your life or the life of your passenger worth in comparison to a little thought in a redesign of an inadequate and unsafe system. IMHO

Jim

I agree 100%!!! What is your life or the life of your passenger worth in comparison to a little thought in a redesign of an inadequate and unsafe system. IMHO

Jim
I agree. Need to update. That's the same m/c Total Performance used for years

Looks like an old Econoline master cylinder. I believe you can still get them, but I'm agreeing with the others that you need a Dual system..I heard of a guy using two of these and one pedal, never saw it. It might be wise to change this now and simplify you life.

Looks like an old Econoline master cylinder. I believe you can still get them, but I'm agreeing with the others that you need a Dual system..I heard of a guy using two of these and one pedal, never saw it. It might be wise to change this now and simplify you life.

Not only SIMPLIFY his life but maybe SAVE his life!

Jim

Thanks guys,

It is an econoline mc. I agree that the single circuit is not a preferred option, but without knowing where the mc comes from, it was hard to find an upgrade. Fortunately, others have felt the same way and I have found a conversion kit that allows me to use the original pedal assembly while at the same time using a dual feed mc.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

Thanks guys,

It is an econoline mc. I agree that the single circuit is not a preferred option, but without knowing where the mc comes from, it was hard to find an upgrade. Fortunately, others have felt the same way and I have found a conversion kit that allows me to use the original pedal assembly while at the same time using a dual feed mc.

Thanks for the help,

Bill
Bill,
What kit did you find to replace this M/C with a dual M/C.
Robert

There were two different kits that I found. One was from The Modern Form and the other was from D&D.
Just use google and search "Econoline Master Cylinder Upgrade". Both sites will show up in the first few results. I would post the links here but apparently I dont have 10 posts yet so the site will not allow me to post links..Dumb

Bill

All this information has helped a lot. i have been trying to figure out where the front axle was from as well and during my research I found that the axle is also from an econoline. This makes finding new parts so much easier than guessing.

Bill

If you find any place that has hubs for Econoline axles, let me know. Brake shoes & parts, drums, bearings - no problem. Hubs? I haven't found any yet! I am using an Econoline axle on my roadster and my son has one on his '31 Ford sedan. I have another Econoline axle for another project, but it is missing the hubs...

If you find any place that has hubs for Econoline axles, let me know. Brake shoes & parts, drums, bearings - no problem. Hubs? I haven't found any yet! I am using an Econoline axle on my roadster and my son has one on his '31 Ford sedan. I have another Econoline axle for another project, but it is missing the hubs...
Why not convert that Econoline to disc brakes? We have all the parts to do that with. We also have the steering arms for the Econoline.

Good idea, Ron. When I get ready to use it I'll get in touch. I had heard that some late Camaro rotors could be used with home made brackets, but never found any details on the conversion or what calipers are required. I was not aware that there were any kits available. Thanks for the info. Is it an expensive conversion?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back