Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where to cut

I backed the body up to the kick up then channeled to suit.

This is what i'm doing, no channeling required. No lose of interior space, "yet". pic 2 shows kick up , body will go against it.z body.jpgz body2.jpg

The idea is to build your T-bucket any way that makes you happy. There are plenty of people who look sideways at mine and wonder why I ever did this or that, the answer is always because it suited ME at the time. That said, you mostly see bodies that are channeled the same amount from front to back to hide the frame rails. I have seen many cars with "Z'd" frames that still had the body channeled down to hide the frame rails. That's how you get your rat rod "in the weeds" without losing clearance under the pan.

I'm not a fan of the racked look mine will be as low as I can get it channeled the body and I still have plenty of room the body I got is stretched 5 inches got it from a guy in mendenhall ms that makes them

When your channeling a body, could you use the metal studs at Home Depot, Menards, etc.? They come in different widths, lengths and thicknesses. These could be used as forms? I am learning so much from this forum, I keep thinking of new ways (ways I don't know about) to make my bucket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back