Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

where to find tires for this early wheels....

moses-t

hi folks!!!
i get this early wheels out of a model A
100_0387.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae133/moses-t/100_0388.jpg
im gonna use it on my t the rear wheels are a 17,1/2" x 5,1/4" the front are 18,1/2" x 4,1/2" looks great with my 1932 drum brake setup!!! any advice will be great!!!
thanks for all!!!

Those wheels aren't stock Model A. The 18's are from a '32 and the 17's are from a '33-4 Ford. Be sure to check the run out on these wheels before buying tires. if there are any bent or broken spokes they are most likely bent. Are you going to run mechanical brakes on this car (sure hope not)? Tires and tubes can be bought from Coker.

Ron

Yes coker tire will have tires. But I personally would be leery of old wire wheels at highway speeds.JMO

You will have to use some very thick spacers and longer studs to run those wheels on the S-10 rear end. I'm not sure if the Nova calipers will clear the rims either. Might have to use spacers and long studs there too. As for todays hiway speeds, if they are true (no run out) these wheels will work as well as any others.

I should add those '32-3-4 spindles don't have a trust bearing on the kingpin for the axle boss to ride on. You would be way ahead to find some '37 to '48 spindles.

Ron

thanks youngster this wheels are to old and have so many rust on it.... so, rule number one security first!!! will order a new steel wheels!!!
im looking for some 15" x 10" for the rear and 15" x 4.5" to the front. i love the big and littles look and hope can do something with the smooth center hubs and white walls...

my old rims come in a lot a friend of mine sale to me for 65 bucks, 4 wheels, two front leaf springs, the mechanicals front brakes and the front axle so, the change to the new ones, dont hurt$$$! :) the axle and one spring for the front and :hooray:
the wheels are pretty cool but i evaluate the thick spacers thing and dont like it much so i decide to change my way... im learning... very hard sometimes...
strike number 2... the first one was with my wrong spindles...
but im very happy with my project hope can end it soon

so many thanks!!!!

moses.

You will have to use some very thick spacers and longer studs to run those wheels on the S-10 rear end. I'm not sure if the Nova calipers will clear the rims either. Might have to use spacers and long studs there too. As for todays hiway speeds, if they are true (no run out) these wheels will work as well as any others.

I should add those '32-3-4 spindles don't have a trust bearing on the kingpin for the axle boss to ride on. You would be way ahead to find some '37 to '48 spindles.

Ron

Where you located Moses?

Ron

why the question about where i born and live
i cant understand, i come from a mexican/american family
all my father family are americans those live in el paso, denver and other citys
and my mother family are mexicans my mother and sister live in chihuahua, mex.
so i live on the road... lol
have a nice weekend friends!!!

but why the question youngster and putz?

Born there.

Not a question just a statement. We like to know where people are so if we are in the area we like to talk and see buckets.

thanks putz and youngster and all the people who
help me with all your years of experience about
T's and hotrods all ways find good answers
i learn a lot every time i get logged thanks
for all guys
you rock!!!

i hope can end this awesome car and can enjoyed like i enjoy
this forum thanks
again for all the help!!!

Not a question just a statement. We like to know where people are so if we are in the area we like to talk and see buckets.

I know someone who is restoring a '32 Ford tudor and he's always looking for parts. Just thought I might be able to hook you guys up. No offence meant Moses. We are all brothers here as far as I'm concerned.

Ron

Also, if we know where you are you may get a surprise or two. for instance we have an NTBA chapter in El Paso, and a member of this forum is the president (he hasn't got a T, but he's working on it). PM me for more info :rolleyes:

youngster thanks for all and for sure im glad to know people like all you guys and
for sure i want to know this guy the parts that im not gonna use he can use it
thanks guys for all and thanks to god i find this forum
send me a PM to contact this guy or tell him i need to know what parts he needs
if i can help dont ask just tell me
and this is for all the forum people
thanks again
brothers!!!

I know someone who is restoring a '32 Ford tudor and he's always looking for parts. Just thought I might be able to hook you guys up. No offence meant Moses. We are all brothers here as far as I'm concerned.

Ron

awesome info...
sorry for the paranoid attitude
i need to know where this guy is
send you PM thanks JMR!!!

Also, if we know where you are you may get a surprise or two. for instance we have an NTBA chapter in El Paso, and a member of this forum is the president (he hasn't got a T, but he's working on it). PM me for more info :rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back