Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where were You Lee?

putz

Must have been back in Missouri was at Albert Lea Talking to your buddies and Youngster . But they said you didn't have your car back together.

*&^%@$!*%... wiring my danged T-bucket, that's where I was!!! Five frickin' days it took me!! I thought I could do it in two :). I just spent all day today just wiring the gauges, which fortunately, was the last major task in the wiring process. Still got a couple odds and ends to finish (wiring-wise) and then I can put some juice to it and start tracking down glitches, if any.

The main reason it took so long is I am being super careful and going step by step and then retracing the steps and then doing continuity checks if I have any doubts. A digital multi-meter is real handy. Also trying to be a lot neater in the routing and arranging of wires than the first time (yes, this is the second time I've wired this pig!!). I kept track of my Delta Sierra re-do's this time... only nine!. Stuff like forgetting to put the heat shrink on the wire before crimping the terminal, running a wire over something when it shoulda gone under, etc. Fortunately, I didn't cut any wires too short, like last ime :eek:.

I gotta give a shout out to Ron Francis Wiring. They put out quality stuff (a little spendy, though!). I got their Bare Bonz kit, but it is anything but bare bones... very complete and comprehensive for a T-bucket. Very good instructions, and every wire is marked very clearly where it comes from and where it goes to... like "GAS SENDER > GAUGE", or "HDLT SW > #7" (post #7 on the fuse panel). Only terminals I had to buy were for the gauges and a few odds and ends. I got their grounding kit also... anything that has a hot feed also has a dedicated ground wire. I am not using the frame for ground at all (although the frame itself IS grounded just to make sure it can't be energized by a short somewhere :eek:). Running dedicated ground wires probably added a day to the wiring project.

The Jag is still laying in pieces on the living-room floor (no wife, I can get away with stuff like that ;)). No worries, though, as everything is fresh from the platers... probably the cleanest things on the floor in my whole house!!

Realistically, I think I have another week's worth of work to do to get the T back on the street. Should be able to make Mountain Home with no issues.

Sorry I missed Albert Lea, although it looked like y'all got some rain. I will definitely be there next year!!

Friday afternoon it rained but Saturday was 75 and sunny. Taking a freshly wired car that far could be stressful anyhow. Sorry We missed you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back