Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

where's waldo? missing anniversary. body work.

pappabear1973

all right. Most of the cars I have found with the taller backs are either reportedly a 15, or stotal performance anniversary body. According to their site, they no longer offer that body apparently. Besides, they are around the times the price of a cheap body. I'm only going to cut it up and modify it any ways. So, I am left confused with more questionsre those bodies still available some where's. Still can't find any reference to 1915 fiberglass bodies, so leads me to the next question, how hard would it be too raise the back and redo the upper body molding. Thanks for any help.

I did most of the fiberglass work total T anni.jpg for TP , I have the original tooling for the anni. body ,file is to large to post pic PM me your e-mail and I can forward pics

I never got a reply from you when I pm'd you? I have found out that total performance and ccr do both still offer their 15s. Just not on their website. What about you? Thanks

I bought an anniversary from wintec a while back to modify... lengthen, widen, lower the sides. raise the back and put a door in.

Now that I have it, I am half way thinking about just building a new aluminum body shaped the way I want. The anniversary body is very thin. Many places are only .060" -.080" thick. Here are a couple of pictures with measurements to give you an idea.

I don't know what the norm is, but I have a Spirit body and I would say it's at least twice that if not more...

I asked Bob for a little extra in the sides so I could sand out the door reveals if I wanted to and they charged me $75 I think and I don't think there is anyplace thinner than 3/16" on the whole body and may be 1/4" in some places! Spirit gives the best product in my opinion and I have been doing this for almost 40 years. John

I agree. It's a super stiff body for sure. I especially like the honeycomb material in the floor. You can see how thick it is where I had to cut clearance for the rear end yoke.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back